I dread the day I need to worry about purchasing my kids things to take to college. It’s scary, our babies leaving home for college life. Of course we all want our kids to go to college, but it is scary. Not only are parents worried about their kids being away from home, they also have to worry about purchasing their children all the things they need to take to college. It can be a stressful time in both parents and their kids life. Leaving home, and heading off to college for dorm room life is huge change, and it’s our job as parents to help make sure our children have everything they need to make their dorm room life as comfortable as possible.
WOW, can you believe it? Many kids will be heading leaving for their first year of college. Leaving for college is exciting, and with everything going on in their mind it can be easy to forget some much-needed items. No parents will be there to help with laundry, see that homework is finished, and they are up for school. Leaving the comfort of home for dorm room life can be a shocker if your kids are not prepared with all the right accessories. Oh, and of course we want a few extras that make life more comfortable.
Not to worry with all the right things dorm room life can be comfortable, and actually become a comforting retreat from the crazy college life.
Things To Take To College
- Mini-fridge – Who doesn’t want to have easy access to things like, cold drinks, fresh produce, and maybe even a few frozen treats now and again? Luckily right now you can pick up a mini fridge from Kmart for a very reasonable price.
- Laundry Hamper – Laundry will always need done. Be sure to grab a laundry hamper to gather dirty clothes together and haul them to the laundry room. I suggest a collapsible laundry basket from Kmart, this will allow your kids to keep it tucked away in between trips to the laundry room. Shower
- Sheets/Blanket/Pillow – I don’t know about you, but I am picky when it comes to my bedding. Having bedding that is both stylish and comfortable can help your kids feel better about being away from home, as well as sleep better. You can find some great deals on bedding right now by visiting Kmart.
- Caddy – Another much-needed item that is easy to forget if you’re not used to hauling bathroom toiletries to the shower. Be sure to find one that can carry showering items easily. Keep in mind this will be going to and from the shower with your child over the next year. Be sure to check out some of the awesome, bright-colored shower caddies available at Kmart.
- Towels and wash cloths – Since we’re talking about showering, don’t forget about towels and wash cloths. It’s likely you’re going to need a few to accompany you and your shower caddy on the trips to and from the shower.
- Flip-flops – For trips to and from the shower having a pair of flip-flops to slip on will be convenient.
- Laptop/Computer – One of each please, lol. In today’s world you cannot make it without at least one of these. Heading off to college your kids are going to need a laptop or computer to keep up with all their assignments.
- Flash Drive or External Hard Drive – Save space and keep everything in a safe place. It will come in handy for saving assignments in a safe place that can taken along to each class.
- Alarm Clock – No more relying on mom and dad to be sure you’re up in time for school. Be sure to take along a nice alarm clock to keep your child on time.
- Headphones – It’s always nice to have something for relaxing and since one cannot blast music living in a dorm room it will be nice to have a pair of headphones to listen to music.
- Tablet – While there might not be much time for kicking back, when there is having a tablet will be handy for watching movies, reading, listening to music, surfing the net, or playing on a social media network.
- Power Strip – With all the electronics the world has to offer it’s likely your child will need a pow strip to be sure everything has a place to charge, and if you’re setting up a computer than you might want to consider purchasing two. The last thing one wants to worry about is not being able to call mom and dad to say goodnight because of a dead phone and lack of power outlets.
- Lamp – On those late study nights it sure will be nice to have a small lap of some kind. Be sure to check out Kmart’s hot deals on laps that will work perfectly for dorm room life.
- Pictures & Memorbilias– I’m sure you already know how hard being away from home is as an adult. Im
Before all the kids head to school for a year filled with Math, English, History, etc., be sure they have a good course of Savings 101 and Dorm Room Style Basics by visiting Kmart. You will not need to purchase a textbook, simply visit Kmart for savings on dorm room style, studying supplies, small appliances, gadgets and gizmos galore, shower caddie’s, flip-flops, and everything else you’re going to need to make your next year of hitting the book comfortable and stylish.
Don’t stress over things to take to college, especially because you can get HOT deals on them at Kmart! Kmart offers savings on all your back to school items, and you can earn some extra credit by taking advantage the Shop Your Way Member Rewards. For all your back to campus needs be sure to visit Kmart.
This is a sponsored post. I am a Kmart blogger, though all opinions are my own.