This post is in collaboration with JCPenney. All opinions and photos are my own. As always thank you for supporting the brands that make Jenns Blah Blah Blog possible.
It’s that time already! Time to gear up to send our kids back to school in style. The older our children get, the more important staying up to date with the current trends are and let’s be honest, as parents we are not too up to date on all the latest back to school trends.
Gosh, I remember how exciting heading back to school was each year. I couldn’t wait to see all my friends, meet my new teacher, all the new school supplies, and of course getting new clothes was always excellent. I love seeing my kids excited for back to school because it takes me down memory lane and motivates me to make their back to school experience more memorable than the last.
My kids wear uniforms to school which makes school shopping a breeze, but at their school, they earn uniform free days, so we must get them a few pairs of jeans they like and the graphic tee shirts that are so popular. Every now and then I must step in, but for the most part, they do a fantastic job picking out their own clothes, and it helps me stay up to date on all the latest trends. Okay, well it keeps me up to date on what they like, JCPenney keeps me up to date on all the latest back to school trends.
Back to School Trends from JCPenney
The back to school collection at JCPenney offers the quality parents want, and the style our children, especially tweens and teens need. You can find everything from outfit staples to stylish accessories, JCPenney has fun and exciting designs so every kid can look and feel their best as they head back to the classroom this year.
To help you get your back to school shopping started, I wanted to share a few back to school trends.
- Retro Sport – Another one of my favorite trends is Retro Sport! Talk about an effortless way for those teens who can’t get enough sleep to wake up throw on something trendy and go.
- 90s Retro: Destructed denim paired with bold pop culture Graphic Tees paired with oversized plaid flannels in updated colors.
- Camo/Green Military – I must say I’m super excited about the Camo and Green Military trend. I’ve been rocking this trend since I was in college, lol. Finally, my daughter and I have something in common as far as fashion goes. Doesn’t Vayda look awesome in her Camo Arizona Lace Up T-Shirt from JCPenney?
- Rise to Shine – Everyone deserves to rock the Rise and Shine trend! I mean if you are running late to class or anywhere else as might as you’ll look fabulous doing it right! Black and gold activewear is an excellent way to keep you looking fabulous while you are on the go, or running late lol.
- Booties – I’m 99% sure that every young girl wants a pair of Booties that they can create tons of looks with. I mean who can blame them right?
- Destructed Denim – The rips, tears and distressed details you see on jeans gives them a comfortable, live in a look that is super trendy this year. Kids of all ages love the Destructed Denim look! Mattie is sporting her new Arizona Jeggings and her new
Total Girl Sequin Varsity Top like a boss. Oh, and yes, they are approved for flips of all sorts according to Mattie lol.
- Femme Tops – Who can blame young girls for wanting dramatic necklines or delicate ruffles to get in touch with their feminine side. JCPenney has tons of fabulous Femme Tops!
- Graphic Tees – I seriously don’t know anyone who doesn’t like Graphic Tees! JCPenney has TONS to choose from, there is seriously something for everyone! Vayda is sporting a new pair of Arizona Bootcut Jeans and her new Arizona Graphic T-Shirt
- Mini Backpacks and Personalization – The mini backpacks are back and can you ever go wrong with personalization? I don’t think so, I can’t wait to see the mini backpacks
make a comeback personalized with key chains, patches, faux fur ad-ons and more!
- Kid’s Activewear – My little Mattie is going to be all over this trend! She would love to avoid coming home to change after school lol. I must admit it’s a wonderful way to wear those fun bold colors and exciting patterns while being ready for everything from school to gym and even soccer practice. Even parents have to love the kid’s activewear trend.
- Uniforms – Okay, so maybe this isn’t a trend for everyone but for kids who must wear uniforms to school it’s an in school ONLY trend, but hey it’s still a trend right. Well, sort of anyway.
I’m a firm believer that how we feel about ourselves shows in our performance at work and our kids at school. Which is why I do my very best to make sure they are wearing trendy clothing, that fit and they love! Like me, my kids feel better about themselves when they leave for school feeling good about themselves! Thanks, JCPenney for helping my kids start off the school year like a champ!
JCPenney has everything you need to get your kids back to school in style! Be sure to check out the JCPenney Back To School Trend Shop and their fabulous Back To School Shop before heading out to do your back to school shopping.