I just love cinnamon rolls for breakfast, snacks or even dinner and a yummy Cinnamon Roll Cupcake for dessert lol. Sadly, I don’t eat them for dinner or breakfast often because I’m trying to be good but that doesn’t mean I don’t love to bake and do it every chance I get, especially for the kids school. I’m always baking something for them to use for a bake sale or to give to their teachers for a gift. Hey, it gets it out of my house and gives me a great excuse to bake yummy things like these Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes I’m going to share with you.
Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes Recipe
To make these super delicious cupcakes, you’re going to need the following ingredients.
Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 2/3 cup whole milk, room temp
Cinnamon sugar mix:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
Cinnamon cream cheese frosting:
- 1 cup soft unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- 4 cup powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
Let’s get started making these super yummy Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes:
Vanilla Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your cupcake pan by lining it with the peper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl or use the bowl to your electric mixer if you have one and combine sugar, baking powder, cake flour, and salt and mix together.
- Beat with an electric mixer for about 1 1/2 minutes. Mix well.
- Scoop in the butter and continue mixing on medium to low speed for about 2 minutes.
- The batter will have an appearance of crumble small pieces.
- Whisk the eggs, yogurt cinnamon, and vanilla together until the texture is smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture in with the dry ingredients beating until combined on medium.
- Reduce speed to low while gradually adding milk to the above mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the lined cupcake to fill the bottom if liners.
- Sprinkle some of the sugar mix on top of the batter
- cover the batter with some more of the mix and fill the cupcake liners to 3/4 the way and top with more sugar mix
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of oven allowing the cupcakes to remain in the cupcake pan to cool for several minutes.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack until totally cool.
- Combine butter, vanilla, cinnamon, cream cheese and powder sugar in medium sized bowl or electric mixer’s bowl and cream until it’s a light and creamy consistancy.
- If it doesn’t cream add 3-4 TBSP of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If it falls off add more powder sugar 1/4 of a cup at a time.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large star tip and frost the cooled cupcakes and drizzle melted cinnamon chocolate chips on top.
Enjoy your Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes! I took each one of my neighbors a Cinnamon Roll Cupcake because they are super yummy and I knew if I kept them in the house much longer I wouldn’t be able to stick to my diet lol. Seriously, they are yummy but they make great gifts for neighbors.
I have made all sorts of different cupcake recipes over the years and these are defently one of my favorites. The vanilla cupcake is nice and moise, adding the sugar mixture in the middle gives it such an awesome flavor. Plus, the chocoalte cinnamon mixture drizzled on the top of the cupcake is super yummy! Just a great cupcake, I’m really happy with how they turned out. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Sweet breakfast, sounds amazing. But, maybe you have someone that loves bacon, or sausage. Maybe they want gravy? This Breakfast Pizza recipe just may be the answer for your next breakfast, or you could put it on the table for dinner?
Here are a few more cupcake recipes that we think are drool worthy.