Do you have a favorite Easter dessert recipe already or are you looking for something to add to the fun like this cute Easter Ducky Cupcakes recipe. If not, maybe it can, at least, give you a little inspiration to create something fabulous of your own.
I’m super excited to share this Cute Ducky Easter Cupcakes Recipe with you. Well, I’m going, to be honest. I’m not exactly sure if they look more like chicks or ducks. They are supposed to be baby duck cupcakes for Easter lol. So I’m going to stick with ducks, but I do know they sort of look like chicks too. Whatever, at least it’s a cute recipe for Easter right lol.
Gosh, Easter! I can’t even believe we are talking about Easter already. It won’t be long and it will have flown by too. , The older I get the faster time flies and the older my kids get, I hate it. If only I could have one wish it would be to get more time with my kids. I don’t even care what we do, I just want to enjoy our time together and get more of it. Okay, I’m going to change the subject now because I’m making myself depressed and I can’t be depressed not while I’m sharing this Easter cupcakes recipe with you. Nope, it’s far too cute to be depressed.
I had better just cut to the chase and share the darn recipe with you or I will continue to go on and on about nothing. Yup, I’m a rambler that is for sure and if you are not careful before we know it I’ll be telling you about this one time at band camp lol. NOT REALLY, I didn’t go to band camp. SEE, omg I’m sharing the recipe for these cute Easter cupcakes with you right now.
Cute Ducky Easter Cupcakes Recipe
To make these cute Easter cupcakes you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 T pure vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup soft unsalted butter
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Grass Green gel food coloring
- 1 package of yellow marshmallow ducks
- 1 bag of small Easter malted eggs-Walmart
- Wilton Icing Decorations small flowers
Okay, let’s get to making this fun Easter cupcakes recipe!
Easter Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your cupcake pan by lining with cupcake paper lines.
- Grab a medium bowl and combine the flour, baking soda, cocoa, and baking powder and mix. Set the dry mixture aside for later.
- Grab a large mixing bowl and combine butter and sugar and mix until creamed. Takes about two minutes.
- After you’ve creamed the butter and sugar add vanilla and egg and mix on low until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- With your mixer on low gradually add the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until combined.
- Once the mixture is combined, you can add the milk and mix thoroughly.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 of the way full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick done.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven, allow cooling for about 10 minutes before removing them from the hot pan. Then you may transfer cupcakes from the pan to wire racks so they can cool completely.
- Cream butter and powder sugar until it’s light and creamy. If you can’t get the mixture to cream, you can add a few drops of heavy whipping cream until it creams. Just remember a little cream goes a long way.
- Test to see if frosting can form and hold a stiff peak. To do this simply get a spoonful of frosting and turn the spoon upside down. The frosting should stay on the spoon if it doesn’t you can add more powder sugar 1/4 cup at a time and mix well until frosting stays on the upside down spoon.
- Add 3 to 4 (more if needed) of green gel food coloring. Mix well.
- Scoop green frosting into a pastry bag with a large star tip, twist the open end of the page, push frosting to the star tip, and begin frosting the outside edge of the cupcake and work your way to the center.
- Grab your yellow ducks and place them in the center of the cupcake on top of the green grass frosting and add a malted Easter egg or two as well. This is where you have fun and make them your own. You can also add candy flowers to your cupcakes and anything else you like. Have a good time, and enjoy.
If you need to print the recipe for some reason, you can do so using the below recipe card. I hope you enjoy this Easter cupcakes recipe.
So what do you think about the Cute Ducky Easter Cupcakes Recipe? Did you, at least, find inspiration to create something fun or do you already have a favorite Easter dessert recipe? Leave us a comment and at least, let us know what your favorite Easter recipe is.