If you haven’t tried Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars, you are missing out! They are amazing and the recipe I’m going to share with you today is my shortcut recipe for Sopapilla Cheesecake with M&M’s®, and if you want to impress really, you can melt some Dove chocolate for the top. Regardless of how you serve this cheesecake, it’s super to be a hit.
Everything you’ll need to make this yummy Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe with M&M’s® is listed below:
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3 packages cream cheese (softened)
- 3 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cups butter melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup M&M’s® (I used the fun Easter colored)
Directions for these yummy cheesecake bars:
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a 13 x 9 pan (ungreased) Unroll 1 can of crescent dinner rolls and stretch it out over the bottom of the pan. I find it easiest to the creases together by starting inward and working outward. By the time you reach the edges, you should have plenty of dough to reach the edges of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl or using your stand mixer’s bowl combine 1 ¾ cups of sugar, and cream cheese and mix with electric mixer on low setting for about 15 seconds before adding vanilla and turning it up to medium speed. Continue to mix on medium until it’s nice and smooth.
- Add M&M’s® and mix.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the dough in the 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Unroll the 2nd can of crescent dinner rolls and do the best you can to cover the top of the cream cheese mixture. Pinch together any openings and work outward doing the best you can to cover everything.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl melt the butter.
- After butter is melted, add sugar and cinnamon and mix.
- Spread mixture over the top of your sopapilla bars. Try to get it as even as possible, it will be a bit difficult to get it perfectly even so just do the best you can.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the middle is set.
- Remove from oven allow cooling for about 30 minutes and place in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours or until completely cool before cutting. The bars cut so much better when they are cold right out of the fridge.
- Be sure to keep bars in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve and place them back in the refrigerator for storing.
I made this M&M’s® Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars recipe because they are perfect for sharing and gifting to friends during Holy Week and the Easter holiday. It’s often a recipe people haven’t tried but often ask for the recipe.
Some of my best holiday memories are celebrating Easter with the family. Colors become brighter, and the weather is warmer. My mom used to dress us up all cute, which I hated because it always included me wearing a dress and I didn’t like wearing dresses AT ALL! I didn’t start wearing dresses until I was gosh, 19 or 20 and it was only for my job lol. Now I love them, but it took a long time for me to accept them lol. The reason I shared this recipe for Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars with M&M’s® is because it’s also something that makes me think of Easter over the years. My grandmother made the BEST Sopapilla Cheesecake EVER, and she would always make two different kinds – traditional cheesecake and chocolate!
This recipe is the very first recipe I have ever added M&M’s® to and I have to admit, it was as good as I expected. Gosh, I know if my grandmother were still around she would have made it and even though we use the same recipe hers would have tasted so much better. I miss her so much; Easter is just not the same without her, and the food certainly isn’t the same. There’s something about grandmas who cook. No matter what, you can never truly recreate their recipes because they are not made with the special love only grandmas have.