August is National Sandwich Month and National Panini Month, and I know it is a little early, but I wanted to share a few easy-to-make sandwich and Panini recipes. One of my favorite things to eat is sandwiches and Panini’s, becasue you can make them so many ways. Do you enjoy sandwich and Panini recipes? If you enjoy sandwiches and Panini’s here are three easy-to-make sandwich and Panini recipes to get your ready for August’s National Sandwich and Panini Month.
Happy National Sandwich Month and National Panini Month
August is the best month to enjoy a sandwich, as it marks National Sandwich Month and National Panini Month! Which do you prefer a warm and toasty sandwich or a cold one? I honestly don’t know if I could choose one over the other, they are both yummy it just depends on what sounds good at the time. Sandwich’s and Panini’s are the one thing I know my family will agree on. We can have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner without anyone complaining. One of our favorite breakfast sandwiches is the egg sandwich. We tend to be more creative as the day goes on, but always play it safe for breakfast, lol.
August is the month is the month to practice those sandwich-building skills, press your hunger away and make the best Panini sandwich around. You can host a sandwich and Panini making party, set up a sandwich building table, share your favorite sandwich or Panini recipes, or create your own Sandwich or Panini recipes!
Honor National Sandwich Month & National Panini Month with these easy-to-make sandwich and Panini recipes.
I love grilled chicken, and this Athenian Panini recipe looks fabulous!
Athenian Panini with Grilled Chicken Panini Recipe
- 1 Cup Baby spinach
- 6 Oz. Sliced Grilled Chicken Breast
- ¾ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Medium size red onion (peel and slice)
- ¼ Cup olive spread or feel free to use Greek style olive tapenade
- 2 Round Pita bread slices
Let’s get to cooking:
- Preheat your Panini press at 350⁰F for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start placing all the ingredients on one of the pita bread slices. Start with the grilled chicken, sautéed onions, olive spread, spinach and lastly the feta cheese.
- Place the other pita slice on top and place on the Panini press for 5-6 minutes.
I don’t think you can ever go wrong with a grilled cheese! It’s one of my personal favorites, becasue you can make it so many ways, and I love cheese.
International Grilled Cheese Recipe
- One slice Raclette (Switzerland)
- One slice Organic Sharp Cheddar (Australia)
- One slice Asiago (Italy)
Let’s get to cooking:
- Melt each of these cheeses on focaccia bread in a hot Panini press
Grilled Vegetables in Focaccia Bread Recipe
Everything you’re going to need to make this grilled veggie creation!
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 yellow bell pepper (remove stem and seeds)
- 1 red bell pepper (remove stem and seeds)
- 1 red onion, peel and slice ¼ ” thick
- 1 sliced tomatoes
- 8 oz. brie cheese (sliced)
- 2 focaccia bread (10 inch ea.)
- Cooking spray
Don’t forget the Mayonnaise Spread:
- ½ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives (fresh)
- 1 tbsp. chopped oregano (fresh)
- 1 tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove ( finely chopped)
Let’s get cooking:
- Cut veggies
- Use cooking spray and grill veggies, when finished set aside
- Prepare the mayo spread, and set aside
- Cut focaccia in half (horizontally)
- Arrange vegetables on a focaccia slice, top with tomato & cheese, cover with other half of focaccia
- Place focaccia sandwich on grill for about two minutes on low or until the cheese melts
While I would love to take credit for these amazing sandwich and Panini recipes if I was the one who created them, but I wasn’t. These amazing easy-to-make sandwich and Panini recipes crafted by Maria Zoitas, creator of “Maria’s Homemade” line of prepared foods sold exclusively at Westside Market NYC. Thank you Maria Zoitas for sharing your fabulous sandwich and Panini recipes with us. Now I wished I lived closer to Westside Market NYC so I could try her exclusive line of prepared foods.
So far some pretty yummy sandwich and Panini recipes, wouldn’t you agree? Which one of the sandwich or Panini recipes are you planning on trying first, or maybe you have your own secret recipes you are willing to share. Be sure to leave us a comment and let us know what you think.