Fall has been fantastic where I live this year. We have had almost perfect weather, a few cold windy days, but nothing too crazy. During the day we rarely need a jacket! Usually, in the late fall months we have to bundle up to go outside, but this year we have had great weather. I’m not even joking, it was almost 78 degrees here the other day. It’s been a long, and oh so perfect fall here in southern New Mexico. However, I know it’s all going to come to a crashing end eventually, but until then the kids and I are loving every last second of it.
Fun Things To Do In The Fall With Kids
Playtime can be challenging during the cooler months but it’s still beneficial to your child’s development, and there are so many great things you can do to get the everyone outside, even on the cold days. Here area a few things my kids enjoy doing outside in the fall months.
- Go to the park – Regardless of the time of year and the temperature outside the park has proven to be an excellent way to get the kids outside during the winter months.
- Play in the snow – Typically we have snow by now, and it’s without a doubt one of the best ways to get my kids outside and having fun. Actually, the problem is getting them to come back inside before they turn into icicles, lol.
- Go for weekend walks to the store – Weather permitting we will walk to a little convenience store about a mile away if we need something to make lunch, dinner, snacks, etc. It’s a great way to get out of the house, get the blood pumping and the kids love it because they always think they’re going to get something. Yes, even when I tell them 100 times they are not getting anything, they believe that they are getting something.
- Rake up all the leaves – See where I am going with this! The kids get to have fun after they rake up the leaves! I mean seriously, even as an adult I want to jump in the huge pile of leaves. However, I don’t I let the kids have all the fun. After all, they did rake up my yard. A win for everyone!
- Take the kids on a hike – Fall is the best time of year for a hike. Everything is changing colors, it’s beautiful. Load those kids up and head for the trails!
- Go take pictures – You can take the kids downtown, dow the road, or to the mountains and take pictures. Let the kids take pictures of everything they like. I do this with my children a lot, and they seem to love it.
These are only a few, of the many things you can do outside with your kids in the fall. There are plenty more great activities you can do outside with your kids. Do you and your children have special fall outdoor activities?
Playing is an essential part of our Children’s life! The Voice of Play’s goal is to help educate people about the wonderful benefits of play and to help influence change in the way many people think about play. Remember, playing doesn’t always have to be silly or optional, it’s an essential tool in our children’s development.
According to VoiceOfPlay.org research shows that outdoor free play gives kids valuable benefits such as the development for physical, emotional, social and cognitive skills.
Kids are active because it’s fun! Think back to when you were a child running, jumping, climbing, and playing sports was fun! Which is great because it also helps our children become physically fit, healthy, improving their heart and lunch function, improving bone density, stronger muscles, preventing things like obesity, high cholesterol, and diabetes. Outdoor playing is great for everyone, even us adults!
To learn Morea about why playing is an essential part of your child’s life head over to VoiceOfPlay.org.
“This post is sponsored by the Voice of Play.”