As fall weather approaches, you will want to prepare for the cooler weather. Winter weather follows with its snow and blistery breezes. Just like you wearing protective gear during inclement weather, your dog needs protective gear to shield him/her against the elements, as well. EzyDog has just what you need for your furry friend.
Get Ready for the Elements with EzyDog
In the process of preparing to hunker down for the severe weather conditions we are about to receive, I make a mental checklist of what to do if our power goes out. Normally, it wouldn’t be such a big concern as we have battery operated flashlights and candles for light, plenty of bottled water on hand and the cupboards are stocked with plenty of food, even if we have to eat it cold. However, with my husband’s medical condition, electricity is essential. In my preparations though, I stop to think about my dog. What types of items will he need on hand? Of course, he will need food and water also, but although electricity isn’t essential for my dog, what he will need is a jacket of some sort to wear to keep him warm and dry when he is out in the elements. EzyDog has a remedy for us in their Element Jacket.
EzyDog provided me with their Element Jacket for the purpose of this review. Thank you EzyDog!
The EzyDog Element Jacket is a warm and waterproof dog jacket that comes with cam lock slider release buckles for quick adjustment and a perfect fit. Although I haven’t had the opportunity to test this jacket out during a thunderstorm yet, it is my understanding that the Element Jacket will help to calm your dog. It is also great to use when raining. My dog, Big Red, loves swimming, but when it comes to rain, that is another story. Since we have had rain for several days in a row, as soon as I received the Element Jacket, I put it on Big Red, so he could do his business outside. He did not hesitate at all when it came time for him to go. In addition, the ham that he is, as soon as he came inside, he went straight to daddy to show off his new jacket.
Some times in rainy weather, the air tends to get a bit cooler. This was the case on the first day I placed the Element Jacket on Big Red. So, after he came back inside, I left his jacket on for a few extra minutes. Since it has a fleece lining, the jacket kept Big Red warm. I also noted how well the waterproofing worked, as the jacket did not contain any raindrops at all. Furthermore, I could see exactly where Big Red was when I took him outside last night because of the reflective piping on the jacket. Another feature of the Element Jacket, which is handy, is the zippered access to your dog’s collar. The jacket is extremely easy to put on and just takes a few seconds, by slipping it over your dog’s head, and buckling the buckles. I am anxious to see how the jacket works in colder weather. I am sure I won’t be disappointed in the least, as all of the EzyDog products are far superior in craftsmanship and quality.
- Built for adventure in multiple colors
- The redesigned Element Jacket brings back its’ popular fit with added features
- The wind and shower proof shell is made from 600 denier material with oxford panels
- Inner lined with a non-pilling fleece for comfort and warmth
- It features a Quick-Fit Neo-Xpand™ neckline making it easy to put on
- Attaching a dog leash to a harness or collar is simple with the waterproof access zipper
- The side panels have light reflective piping for safety on those late night or early morning treks
- Easy to fit, easy to wear, easy to see – ready for the elements!
- Color Options: Orange, Sky, Scarlet
- Size Options: XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Cam lock buckles NOT AVAILABLE on XXS
For best fit, measure from the dog’s neck to the base of his/her tail.
|Size||Body Length (in)||Body Length (cm)|
|XXS||11 in||28 cm|
|XS||14.5 in||37 cm|
|SM||17.5 in||46 cm|
|MD||21 in||53 cm|
|LG||23 in||59 cm|
|XL||27 in||69 cm|
|XXL||31 in||77 cm|
- Unclip the two side buckles
- Place the jacket on the dog by sliding the neck area over their head
- Position jacket for the greatest back coverage, then clip the two chest straps. adjust these straps evenly for a snug fit
Important: do not over-tighten straps! when fitted correctly, jacket should be snug, but two fingers should easily run between straps & dog.
Order an Element Jacket for your furry friend by accessing the EzyDog web page.
Ezy to fit, Ezy to wear, Ezy to see – Get ready for the elements with EzyDog. Keep your dog dry and warm this coming fall and winter seasons. Big Red loves his new jacket, and I am sure your dog will love his, as well.