Halloween is gong to be here before we know it, and I cannot wait! I’m going to admit; I’ll miss the fun Halloween Recipe ideas, but it’s okay I’m ready to watch the kids go trick-or-treating. They have some great Halloween costumes planned out this year. Plus, we had a lot of fun making Black Halloween Brownies and Halloween Brownie Cups with Vanilla Frosting. Of course, we didn’t leave the frosting white, and not using regular milk we spiced things up with some TruMoo Chocolate milk to add to the flavor of our brownies! Check it out.
The brownies turned out fabulous, and they looked awesome black. I totally should have taken the pictures in a better light, and I’m kicking myself for not doing it earlier in the day. I know better, but I have been so CRAZY busy recently I just didn’t have the time. Either way I’m happy with the way they turned out, and most importantly everyone enjoyed them.
- ¾ Cups Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoons Backing Soda
- 1/3 cups of butter
- Two tablespoons of TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 2/4 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips split in half (doesn’t need to be exact)
- Two large eggs
- One teaspoon of Vanilla
- Black food coloring
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set it aside for later use.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, milk and sugar over medium low heat. Be sure to stir continuously. Right before it reaches a slight boil remove from heat and add 1 cup of chocolate chips. I know, you can tell by the image I’m horrible and don’t often measure lol.
- Move your chocolate mixture to a large mixing bowl, add eggs one by one, stir in vanilla, add flour mixture and mix well.
- Add black food coloring to liking.
- Finally, fold in the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Pour into your prepared muffin pan, or mini muffin pan filling a little less than ½ way full of brownie mixture. Cook for 7-12 minutes, often checking. The smaller brownie cups you make, the quicker they will cook so check on them often. If you don’t make the brownie cups you can use a regular 8×8 brownie pan, and bake 20 – 25 mins, or until finished.
- Allow to cool, and then remove the muffin pan.
If you decided to make traditional brownies, you’re finished. Unless you want to have a little extra fun with the frosting. Nobody said the spooky Halloween Vanilla frosting can’t go on all the brownies! Either way you do it, they’re YUMMY, and lots of fun!
Halloween Frosting Recipe
- 2 cups powder sugar
- Four tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2-4 tablespoons TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- Choice of food coloring
- Combine all ingredients start out with only two tablespoons of milk, if needed add more to get desired consistency.
- After you have desired consistency add food coloring until you get the desired color, and use to top your brownie cups.
So what do you think? They turned out pretty fun, right? I love how bright the frosting looks on the black brownies.
I also made some Halloween Whoopie Pies using TruMoo Chocolate Milk and have an excellent recipe I can’t wait to make them once I get a chance to run and grab some of the TruMoo Orange Scream! Be on the lookout, especially since I’m going to have my sister here helping me! I can’t wait; she’s such an excellent cook, and already cooking tons of great things for the blog.
Have you tried the TruMoo Orange Scream and Chocolate Milk yet? Every class of TruMoo starts with fresh, pure milk from your trusted dairy, which means there are eight essential nutrients. Each flavored milk is sweetened just enough sugar doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup. You know what that means, right?
What would you create with the awesome Halloween recipes do you have planned?