If there is one thing I like its potato soup in homemade Italian Bread Bowls when it’s cold outside. It’s one of the first things I make once it starts cooling off outside, but I’m sure many of you would agree that peeling and cutting potatoes aren’t something I look forward to. Luckily there is Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups when we are not in the mood for cutting and peeling all those potatoes. It sure makes having your favorite potato soup in your homemade bread bowl without risking the taste.
Since partnering with Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups I’ve learned that it’s more than just potato soup, it’s also a steakhouse experience into the comfort of your own home.
Doesn’t it look super yummy in our homemade bread bowls?
It tastes even better than it looks and for those of you who are not into cheddar and broccoli you can get Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups in a variety of flavors: Creamy Potato, Loaded Potato, Cheddar Broccoli, and Three Cheese Chipotle and it’s super easy to make. All you have to do is add water!
Now for the bread bowls! One can only wish that the homemade bread bowls were as easy as Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups but the good news is they are pretty easy!
To make these yummy Homemade Italian Bread Bowls & Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup you’ll need the following:
- 2 package active dry yeast (.25 ounce packages)
- 2 ½ cups warm water
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 cups bread flour (you can also use all-purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups – Cheddar Broccoli flavor
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough hook attachment on your stand mixers. Now add 4 cups flour, salt, and sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer.
- With a mixer on low slowly add the yeast mixture and slowly increase speed to medium. Slowly add the oil, and the rest of the flour ½ cup at a time until dough comes together.
- Now remove dough from mixer bowl and place it into a large greased bowl. Wet a towel using warm water and use it to cover the bowl. Allow dough to rise for at least one hour. It should double in size.
- Grease a cookie sheet, divide dough into 6 even portions and shape into a ball. Try to get the dough balls as tight as possible. Place each of them on the cookie sheet, cut an X in the top of each one, cover with a clean, dry towel for about 30 more minutes somewhere warm.
- While dough is rising, you can preheat oven to 400 degrees and combine egg and water in a small bowl and mix together.
- Brush the egg mixture on each roll and bake on the middle rack for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush on another coat of egg mixture. Place back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool then cut off the top center of the roll and remove the bread inside.
- While your bread is cooling prepare your cheddar broccoli soup by following the directions on the packaging. The soup is super easy to make all you have to do is add water and they only take about five minutes.
I used to go to this little steakhouse growing up. They had the best potato soup (don’t tell my mom I said that), the only thing it was missing was the bread bowl that my mom always made when she made potato soup. Man, I wish they would ship me some of their Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup! There’s nothing like that steakhouse experience! Don’t you wish you could recreate a steakhouse experience in the comfort of your own home?
According to a recent survey, 79% of American’s, including 92% of parents wish that they could recreate a steakhouse experience at home. See we are not alone and lucky for us we can do it with Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups are fantastic, and they only take about 5 minutes! It’s so easy, just add water and enjoy a delicious, flavorful, slow-cooked potato soup that tastes restaurant quality in the comfort of your own home. Many other dry kinds of soup that take more than fifteen minutes to prepare and I have not yet had one taste has delicious as Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups.
I hope you enjoy these yummy bread bowls as much as we do! They are perfect with all flavors of Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups and add to any steakhouse experience.
This is a sponsored post written for Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups. All opinions are my own.