Now that the kids are back in school I try to think of quick and easy breakfast recipes that I can make the night before. Yes, just like this Honey Bunches of Oats Cinnamon Strudel Muffins recipe I’m sharing with you. It’s one of my favorite muffins combined with one of my favorite cereals. How can this not be an amazing match? They are awesome and super easy.
Honey Bunches of Oats Cinnamon Strudel Muffins
To make the Honey Bunches of Oats Cinnamon Strudel Muffins you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, beat lightly
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- ¼ flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter softened.
- 1/2 cup or so Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Using the bowl from your stand mixer or a large bowl if you don’t have a stand mixer and combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate smaller bowl whisk the egg and milk together slowly adding the butter until everything is blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into a large bowl with dry ingredients and mix together on medium and moving to low until combined.
- Pour in the Honey Bunches of Oats cereal and mix on low for about 30 seconds.
- Divide the muffin batter into each muffin cup on the pan. You want to fill them about ¾ of the way full.
- Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon and mix.
- Cut butter until you have a crumbly mixture to sprinkle over the muffins.
- Add Honey Bunches of Oats; it shouldn’t but if it does make things a little dry you can add a tiny bit of butter.
- Sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Pack the strudel topping down just a tad.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, remove from oven, allow to cool and enjoy.
I loved these muffin, and I’m assuming everyone else did too because they are all gone. They didn’t even last a full 24 hours so I think it’s safe to ay everyone loved them, but nobody is going to say anything because they think I didn’t get one lol. Little do they know I still have one stashed, but don’t say lol. They forget about me all the time so if I don’t hide me something I would be out of luck. Oh, yes and the rest of the Honey Bunches of Oats cereal is stashed too.
Hey, I’m not about to let them eat all the muffin and my Honey Bunches of Oats too.
SAVE ON HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS
Are you a fan of Honey Bunches of Oats? Maybe you haven’t tried it, either way, I suggest getting some your next grocery shopping trip and making the deal a little sweeter, I have a coupon you can save some money with. Yes, you can click here to grab your Honey Bunches of Oats coupon.