I love accessories, but earrings have to be my favorite. I’m picky too, lol. My husband hates it, but what can I say? He knew I was picky before we got married right? Hint, hint guys earrings are a great gift idea for her. What I like best about earrings is you can use them with so many different outfits. In my opinion earrings are a nice final touch to almost any outfit. Have you ever wondered how to choose earrings? I mean is there a trick, something to think about before we buy those pretty silver studs?
There is so many different styles of earrings to choose from. Earrings can make such a dazzling fashion statement alone. Earrings do an awesome job highlighting some of your facial features, as well as your outfit. The possibilities are endless. There’s a style of earrings out there for everyone. Even those who don’t want to pierce their ears. There’s hoops, earrings that dangle, studs, gems, and so much more. It all just depends on your style and personality, and a little more.
Earrings are beautiful and can be more flattering than other types of jewelry. However there are some things to think about before running out and grabbing a pair of earrings. Here is a few helpful hints on how to choose earrings.
- Square Face: It’s said that round hoops or oval earrings are the best choice for people with the square face shape. When you’re searching for earrings you should also stay away from short chunky earrings. They can make your face appear wider than it actually is.
- Round Face: Look for earrings with sharp edges, it’s said that sharp edges helps to balance the curves of the face. Look for earrings that are straight or oblong. Stay away from hooped earrings, and large chunky earrings. Keep earrings below the lobe, long dangling earrings that have pointed edges, like these Leaf Chandelier Earrings from Blue Nile.
- Oval Face: You’re lucky because you can wear just about any style of earring and pull it off. The only style that is recommend is triangle and long since chain earrings. That’s due to the fact that it could possibly enhance a pointed chin or make your face appear too narrow.
- Round Face: Stick with earrings with Sharp angles. The sharp angles tend to balance the curves of your face. Stick with earrings that dangle, stay away from hoops, big chunky earrings.
While its important to pay attention to the shape of your face it’s also important to pay attention to a few other things such as:
- Hair: Choose earrings that also flatter your hair length is important. If you have long hair stay away from small earrings that can be difficult to see under your hair. Have shorter hair? Than you’re in good shape you can really have fun and show off your earrings. It’s easier to show them off.
- Personality: Here we go my favorite part. More than anything I think our earrings need to make a statement about who you are, and what you’re doing. Have fun with dazzling earrings, there is so many different styles to go with be yourself, choose what you like and run with it. If you’re someone who loves nature, or just loves quality silver, dangling earrings you’re going to love these dangling Leaf Chandelier Earrings I received from Blue Nile.
When I first received my Chandelier Earrings from Blue Nile I kind of did not want to open them. They came very nicely packaged. Pulled them out of the box, they are beautiful. The earrings are perfect in length, 2 inches to be exact, not to mention nice and light. They only weight 4 grams, and are super comfortable.
These earrings are Sterling Silver and look amazing on. The Chandelier Earrings feature seven delicate leaves that are intricately captured in sterling silver with flexible design for movement. I love them, they are super comfortable and do not get tangled in my hair.
I’m not sure that I have ever owned a pair of earrings that just lay over my finger the way these do. I think that’s the reason the Leaf Chandelier Earrings at Blue Nile do not get tangled in my hair. The edges of the earrings appear to be sharp, but are flexible design for movement.
I’m happy with my earrings from Blue Nile, my experience, and their website. They have a huge selection of jewelry, so much more than just earrings. When you head over to Blue Nile you will find a nice section of:
- Engagement Rings
- Wedding Bands/Rings
- Sales Items
- Mens Rings
- Gemstone Rings
- Earrings of all types
- Custom Diamond Jewelry
- Nice selection, decent prices, in my opinion they are totally worth checking out. I know I love the earrings I received, and while browsing their website found plenty more items that I want, lol.
I hope you had a little fun learning how to choose earrings, and hope you’ll swing by Blue Nile. They have some amazing jewelry, there is something for everyone. I don’t think you will have any issue finding earrings to fit your personality, who knows you might find a pair that will help brighten your day at an affordable price.
You can visit Blue Nile on their Website, “like” them on Facebook, and follow them via Twitter and Pinterest to stay up to date with upcoming deals and new arrivals.
I was provided the earrings for review purposes, however all opinions are 100% my own.