Think of how much fun you could have if you knew how to make colored noodles. There is so many different shapes and sizes of noodles, adding color to them can be loads of fun. Have you ever thought about making colored noodles you could eat?
I have already shared with you how to make colored noodles, but those were not edible. Now, it’s time to share with you how to make some fun colorful noodles that are 100% edible. They’re fun, and your kids will love them. If you’re like me, than you’re going to love them just as much as the kids are. (Maybe more, but don’t tell lol)
The first time I made colored noodles I made the colored noodles you could eat, and played a little trick on the kids. I love doing pranks on the kids. My children are so used to it that they are really good sports, and if something crazy isn’t going on they know to be on the lookout because something is about to happen, lol. I guess kind of the quite before the storm.
Summer’s almost here, I love having the kids home for summer and this year will be extra special. Rather than having to worry about taking time off work to spend a day here and there at home with them, I will be home 100% of the time, being mom, doing the job I was born to do. It really doesn’t get much better than that.
My 8 year old daughter asked me the other day if I would make her some Rainbow Roman. It’s a fancy name for noodles and food coloring, lol. However, to get the color to stick well and not cook out in the boiling water there’s a bit of a trick. If you want to learn how to make color noodles you can eat, keep reading. It’s fun, easy, and ends up being a bowl full of color that your children will love.
- First you will cook your favorite pasta. I normally use Roman, because my children love the darn stuff and it takes less time because the thicker noodles. So let’s get started:
- First you’ll choose the type of noodles you’re going to want to add color too.
- Choose the colors you’ll be working with.
- Cook your noodles until they are completely done, and ready to be eaten.
- Rince and cool you’re noodles.
- Place into baggies, divided up by colors you want to use. If you’re planning on making 5 different colors divide the noodles up accordingly, in five different baggies.
- Add the colors of food coloring into the different baggies of noodles. Allow until you have the desired colors. It can take a while to get the noodles a bright fun color, just allow them to sit and soak up the food coloring. You can always add more, if need
- Now ring the cooked pasta one last time to get all the extra food coloring off.
- Mix, leave in separate colors, add any topping you like, or just serve as is.
Good luck with your colorful noodles! Remember the most important part is to have fun, you know your kids are going to love it!