I love Valentine’s Day, and making Valentine’s Day recipes is so exciting. My kids have been asking me to make them homemade Muddy Buddies, so here you are, a Valentine’s Day recipe just for you – How To Make Valentines Day Muddy Buddies.
Homemade Muddy Buddies are amazing, adding some color just makes them that much better. My poor husband, he told me the other day that I was taking Valentine’s Day a little too serious, because everything I make is pink, lol. He knew when he married me how much I loved pink, and Valentine’s Day was my favorite time of year because it gave me an excuse to use pink on everything.
Anyway, let’s get back on the subject of how to make Valentines Day Muddy Buddies. Which are amazing and I think you will love, but Muddy Buddies are not your thing you can alway check out our Valentines Day Trail Mix. You can add or take out anything you like, make it as healthy or unhealthy as you want! You can also check out my 10 favorite Valentine’s Day recipes.
We recently made some Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies! They are super easy, loads of fun, and taste fabulous!
How To Make Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies!
What you are going to need to make Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies
- 9 Cups of Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup of Butter (I prefer unsalted)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ to 1 Bag of Valentine’s Day M&M’s (depending how much you love M&Ms)
- In a large mixing bowl place all your Chex cereal.
- In a medium sized pan place chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter and melt over medium heat. Be sure to stir continuously. Once everything is close to melted add your vanilla.
- Next pour mixture over the Chex cereal and mix together. The best way I have found to do this is to use a spatula to mix, and push the cereal down so everything gets mixed well.
- Place your powdered sugar into a large zip-lock baggie.
- Place covered cereal in large baggie with powdered sugar and shake until completely covered with powder sugar. Allow to cereal mixture to sit in baggie for 5 to 10 minutes and cool.
- Remove from baggie and place in your large mixing bowl.
- I always shake bowl around for a few mintues. It helps all the extra powder sugar fall to the bottom of the bowl. Then place Muddy Buddies in serving dish, or storage baggie.
- Before placing in serving dish I like to place back into the large mixing bowl I was using and shake around the freshly powdered Muddy Buddies to make all extra powder sugar fall to the bottom of the bowl. Then I will move to serving dish, or place in zip lock for storage.
How To Make Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies With Pictures
First you will need to grab a large mixing bowl, and place your Chex cereal in it.
In a medium-sized pan you will place your chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Melt over a medium heat, be sure to stir consistently. When your mixture is almost melted add the vanilla extract, and stir together until completely melted. Be careful, it’s hot! LOL, yes I burn myself almost every single time during this step for some reason.
Next pour mixture over the Chex cereal a little at a time, mix, and add more.
Continue to pour mixture over cereal and mix until all cereal is covered as even as possible.
The best way I have found to make sure everything is covered evenly, is to use a spatula to mix, and slide across the top of the cereal.
Pour in cereal, and “Shake It Up Baby”! Yup, have some fun, let the kids shake it, until all the cereal is nice and covered with powder sugar. I always leave in baggy for 5 to 10 minutes to allows everything to cool, and stick together.
Next pour into a bowl. Typically, I will pour back into mixing bowl I originally had Chex cereal in. Washed of course. I didn’t do that for this one becasue I wanted to show you the difference. My sister-n-law leaves the extra powder sugar, and I don’t like it. So I will place is back in a large mixing bowl and shake the bowl of Valentines Day Muddie Buddies for a few minutes to make all the extra powder sugar fall to the bottom of the bowl. You will see the difference in the below picture. LOL, sorry but that extra powder sugar drives me nuts.
We are done! Yepie, we have gotten rid of all that extra powder sugar, lol. I know, but it really bothers me. I hate having extra powder sugar on things. Now you can move your Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies to serving dish, or place them into a baggy for storage.
If you like this post be sure to check out: