Gosh, have you been thinking about what you are going to do with all those Thanksgiving leftovers? If there is one thing I look forward to about the holidays, its leftover turkey recipes! We don’t eat turkey except for during the holiday,s so when it’s time to eat turkey, and make turkey leftover recipes I’m all over it.
I always try mixing different things and typically come up with some great Thanksgiving leftover ideas! Which is why I figured I would share two Thanksgiving leftover recipes with you, which are this YUMMY Turkey Casserole recipe, and my husbands favorite Turkey and Gravy Sandwich recipe. I like them both. He typically toasts his turkey and gravy sandwich, and I leave my bread nice and soft. I guess it just depends on your taste buds, but that’s the beauty of leftovers and creating fun, yummy new recipes – ANYTHING GOES!
Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
If you’re already thinking about what you are going to do with all that leftover food here are two recipes we think you’ll enjoy.
Turkey Casserole Recipe
Can you believe it’s already that time of year? We’re already talking about things you can do with all those Thanksgiving leftovers? WOW, I still cannot believe it! Either way, it’s here, and there is nothing we can do about it other than make some awesome meals with our Thanksgiving leftovers, like this awesome Turkey Casserole Recipe.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups of prepared stuffing divided (fingers crossed you have your leftover stuffing)
- 4 cups of leftover turkey (chopped) it’s always better the next day too. YUMMY!
- ¾ cup of Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise (divided)
- ¼ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
To make the turkey casserole recipe follow these easy directions:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a baking dish (8 inches) with your favorite nonstick spray.
- Spoon in 2 cups of leftover stuffing and top with leftover turkey.
- Combine remaining ¼ cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cranberry sauce and spread over the turkey evenly.
- Combine the rest of the Mayonnaise (about ½ cup) with cheese and potatoes in a large bowl, Garnish with dried cranberries, if you like.
TIP: I love this tip too! If you love the taste of Hellman’s®, you will love the goodness of Olive Oil, substitute Hellmann’s® or Best Food® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil.
Turkey & Gravy Sandwich
Every single year my husband looks forward to his leftover turkey because he gets to make his turkey and gravy toasted sandwich. It’s super easy to make.
- Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- Toast bread (optional, it’s good either way)
- Place turkey on one side of bread
- Spread the other side lightly with Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- Place piece of bread with Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise on top of the side with the turkey and cover with gravy!
Gosh, I cannot wait to have an awesome Thanksgiving with the family. I’m going to miss my sister, but it’s okay because she is where she needs to be right now. Other than that everyone else should be here, and if they are not… Well, they’re going to be missing out on taking home leftovers.