Whether we like it or not, we do have an impact on the earth. The daily choices we make, even the little ones can have a huge impact on the environment. There is no better day to start taking small steps that have a big impact on the environment than today. You don’t have to do everything all at once, just try one thing at a time, so you don’t’ get overwhelmed and give in.
Little Ways You Can Have a Huge Impact on The Environment
Here are a few small steps you can take that will have an enormous impact on the environment.
- Walk or ride your bike more – Try walking or riding your bike a few more times a week and leaving the car in the driveway. It will not only help you save money but is also better for the environment.
- Carpool or public transportation – If you need transportation to work daily try carpooling or taking public transportation. The fewer cars on the road, the better it is for the environment.
- Wash in cold water – Washing your clothing is cold water uses less energy than washing in warm or hot water.
- Change our your lightbulbs – Trade your old light bulbs for high efficient compact florescent bulbs. Not only do they use less energy they last for years and are fair prices. Just be sure and look for the ENERGY STAR label, so you know it’s been quality tested.
- Move our thermostat up 1 or 2 degrees in the summer and down 1 or 2 degrees in the winter – Turning up or down your thermostat can help you use less energy, especially since a large part of your electric bill likely goes to heating and cooling your home.
- Recycle and buy recycled – Recycle everything you can and buy recycled products whenever you are able. Recycled products are often less expensive than non-recycled, so you’ll be doing the environment a favor and saving money.
- Get rid of the cardboard tubes in toilet paper – Scott Tube-Free bath tissue is an innovative product that gets rid of the cardboard tube that has been an unnecessary part of toilet paper for over 100 years. Don’t worry, Scott Tube-Free bath tissue is just as cushiony and soft as before, unrolls like toilet paper, but is better for the environment because the cardboard tube is missing. By getting rid of the tube, Scott Tube-Free bath tissue eliminating the cardboard tube only makes our job that much easier! It’s an easy way to make a positive change without sacrificing the quality bath tissue you’ve come to love.
Did you know that 17 BILLION cardboard tubes are used annually here in the United States? That’s too many, especially when you can grab Scott Tube-Free Toilet Paper your next trip to the store. There is even a money saving coupon you can grab. Changing to Scott Tube-Free toilet paper is a small step for us to take yet it would have a massive impact on the environment. To check out more great ideas to help you treat
Scott Tube-Free Coupon
Be sure to grab your Scott Tube-Free coupon. Take a second and watch this excellent YouTube prankster demonstrate how the toilet paper tubes we use have a huge impact on the world. Oh, you’ll love it, this stunt uses 66,000 tubes which are the amount of tubes Americans go through in just a little more than two minutes.‘.