I’m excited to share this Mac N’ Cheese recipe with you. It’s Mac N’ Cheese at it’s best, check it out.
- 4 cups dried macaroni
- 1 whole egg was beaten
- 1/4 cup butter (or 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 pound cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- optional spices: paprika, thyme
- Cook macaroni until firm. It should be too firm to right out of the pot.
- Drain noodles
- Beat egg in small mixing bowl.
- In a large pot melt butter and sprinkle in flour. Whisk together over medium-low heat. Cook mixture for about 5 minutes, whisking constantly. Do not allow to burn. Pour in milk, adds mustard and whisk until smooth. Cook for 5 mins, until thick.
- Reduce heat to low. Take 1/4 cup of the sauces and slowly pour into beaten egg, whisking constantly to avoid cooking eggs. Whisking together till smooth.
- Pour egg mixture into sauces, whisking continuously. Stir until smooth. Add the cheese and stir to melt. Add salt and pepper. If needed, you can add more salt and pepper; it’s all up to you. Pour in drained cooked macaroni and stir to combine everything.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this fabulous mac and cheese recipe as much as we did.