Since Valentine’s Day is on a weekday again this year, my husband and I won’t be going out and doing anything until the following weekend. Rather than not celebrate we have decided to put the kids to bed early and enjoy spending time together in the comfort of our own home. Yes, I know it doesn’t sound fun, but I’ve come up with a few things to make spending Valentine’s Day at home more exciting.
Before you start planning, make sure you have a plan to get the kids into bed early.If you are looking to get the kids into bed a little early, remember TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk not only taste great, but it tastes great warm which always makes my kids super sleepy. This year I’m going to give them a nice warm glass of TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk after they are finished eating and put them into bed so my husband and I can spend a little time together.
11 Ways To Make a Stay-at-Home Valentine’s Day Special
- Make a soundtrack – Think back to all the songs you’ve both enjoyed over the years together and make a special soundtrack that you can listen to.I’m planning on turning off the TV before we start our evening and playing music while I’m cooking dinner to help the mood set in.The kids will have no idea what the songs mean but my husband sure will.
- Ask him to dance – So what if the kids are up, they can join in the fun. Be brave and ask him to dance with you! It’s a great way to start the night out fun, and I bet you’ll both have a smile on your face.
- Set the mood – Lighting is everything.Think candles, fireplace, and anything else that can add a little romance to the air.
- Watch an oldie – Pick an old movie both of you to enjoy and spend the evening snuggled up on the couch together.
- Game night – Oh, not just any game night turn it into something fun.It doesn’t matter what game you play, just but a fun, flirty twist on it and enjoys some time together.
- Do something different and special he will appreciate – Okay, you know your man, and he knows you.>Why not totally surprise him by doing something you wouldn’t normally do? Use your imagination and have fun with it, he’ll appreciate it.
- Valentine’s Day sheets – Hey, there is nothing wrong with sexy sheets right? Grab some sexy sheets for your special celebration at home.
- Fortune cookies – This is one of my favorite.Buy some fortune cookies and take the messages out, print off some of your own with custom messages just for him and wait to see the look on his face.
- Bath – Grab some stuff to share a romantic bath together. It’s a great way to relax and enjoy spending time together.
- Spoil him – Get some massage oils and start with a backrub and see what comes next.Spend time just enjoying your time together and use it to spoil him. I’m sure he’ll return a little spoiling.
- Homemade card – Nothing says I love you like something from the heart. Spend some time making him a special card that comes from the heart. Show some emotion or leave a sexy message, that’s all up to you.
- Start Valentine’s Day tradition – Sure family traditions are important but so are mom and dad traditions. You both need to spend time together so come up with something fun that you can turn into a unique Valentine’s Day tradition. It can be something as simple as writing one another a love letter or starting the evening a certain way.
- Make a dessert together – You have to have something sweet for Valentine’s Day. Spend some time in the kitchen making something sweet together. When you finished, you can share some dessert and have a glass of TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk in your his and her coffee mugs.
If you are looking for a great dessert idea, you might try this Strawberry S’mores Trifle recipe. I made it a few years back with TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk, and it was YUMMY! Everyone loved it.
If you have not tried TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk be sure to give it a try, not only cold but hot. OMG, it is amazing and perfect for Valentine’s Day because it’s still chilly outside and the flavor is just ideal for the season. You can grabLimited Edition TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk until March.
Like regular TruMoo, TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk contains none of those yucky artificial growth hormones or high fructose corn syrup, and it’s made with wholesome, low-fat white milk from your trusted dairy. You can grab TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk at retailers nationwide! To find a retailer near you or find other great recipe ideas visit TruMoo.com.
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day this year?
This is a sponsored post written by me for TruMoo. All opinions are my own.