Anyone in the mood for some amazing chocolate chip cookies?
My husband asked me to make him some of these fabulous chocolate chip cookies over the weekend, and I put it off until yesterday. Poor guy, he’s so miss treated. I actually talked my sister-n-law into sharing her recipe with me, everything she cooks or bakes is so yummy. I love it when I talk her into sharing, because then I can share with you. Don’t tell her, lol. Not really, she reads my blog. I’m sure I would get a call this evening about it if she didn’t know I was going to share her recipe. I’ve been trying to talk her into starting her own little food blog, I think you would love many of her recipes I don’t know that she will ever start one, so I’m forced to share them here. Which is fine with me, I love her cooking. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
15 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose four
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (unsalted, and at room temp)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, light (packed)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (Marley tells me peanut butter is important, it is okay to add a little more if you like the flavor, not more than 2 tablespoons for this recipe.)
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Grab a small mixing bowl and whisk flour and baking soda together, and set it aside.
- For this part I use the bowl on my KitchenAid, but you can use a large bowl and electric mixer. Combine the butter with granulated and brown sugar and beat on medium until you have a nice fluffy texture.
- Turn mixer to lowest setting, and add vanilla, eggs, salt, peanut butter, and mix together well. Add your flour mixture, and mix until everything is mixed together well.
- Add your chocolate chips, and mix together well.
- Next you will drop balls on your cookies sheet. The size should be a little larger than a tablespoon.
- Bake cookies about 7 to 9 minutes, or until a light golden brown color around the edges. You want them to still be soft in the center.
- Remove from oven, let cool on cookie sheet until they are cool enough to get them off without them falling apart, normally about 2 minutes. Place them on a rack to cook, and once they are cool store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Thanks Marley for your fabulous chocolate chip cookie recipe.