It’s that time of year again, it’s time to start thinking about family, tradition, and heritage! Oh, and it’s definitely time to start thinking about what you’ll be serving to your loved ones this Christmas morning. Typically, Christmas breakfast is something that often gets put on the backburner, but not this year. This year I’m making a Mexican Hot Chocolate Breakfast Pancake Bake, which is a family favorite just easier than normal.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Pancakes are a family favorite I’m just simplifying the process and turning it into a bake rather than making individual pancakes for everyone. I have a large family, who knows what time I would be done making pancakes for everyone. By making a Mexican Hot Chocolate Breakfast Pancake Bake, everyone still gets what they like and it saves me some serious time in the kitchen. It’s a win win for my household.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Breakfast Pancake Bake
To make these Mexican Hot Chocolate Pancakes you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 large egg
- 1 can La Lechera sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce can)
- ¼ milk
- 1 – 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
To make these yummy pancakes follow the below directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine condensed milk, egg, and melted butter in medium sized bowl and mix.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium sized bowl and pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and mix until combined. You don’t want to overmix.
- Pour about batter into your favorite baking pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, if you use a bunt pan like I did be sure to allow to cool upside down so cake will fall out.
- Combine semisweet chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a small pan, melt over medium heat until melted, stirring continuously
- Top with fudge sauce and marshmallows.
I’m sure most of you would agree that Nestle® La Lechera® is a partner that is always trusted in the kitchen, especially with the holiday coming up. Did you know that La Lechera has been helping us moms in the kitchen since 1910? Yes, helping us with both creativity and consistency when we bring our family together. It’s by far the best ingredient for pampering loved ones all year around with delicious desserts and all the other sweet and delicious treats we make for our families.
I have seen La Lechera® around the house, especially during the holiday season or if I can remember, it’s been a tradition that has been around for as long as I can remember and will probably continue with the future generations.
You can grab La Lechera 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk at an awesome price ranging from $1.47 to $1.58 at your local Walmart. Whether you are creating a family favorite this Christmas, making an easy family go-to for movie night, or cooking up something new you can’t go wrong with La Lechera® sweetened condensed milk any time of year.