Since the kids are home for summer I have been experimenting with fun kid food ideas, and thanks to my three lovely daughters, Skittles the pitbull, and my loving husband I have 47 new grey hairs today!
It’s official, my kids are brats! I love them, but they are total brats! This was supposed to be fun food, and it’s turned into a family pick on mom day. I’m not sure how it happened. I do have a fun food idea to share with you, but I need to vent. If you don’t want to read my venting feel free to skip down to the fun food, lol.
So my toddler decided to become picky the other day, without any notice. I had to get creative with lunch, or she might starve. Okay, maybe not starve, but you try to tell her that. Anyway… Seems she would rather play than eat. I figured I would beat her at her own game (Err, this kid is so much like her mother. Too bad her mom is super cool, and totally amazing. Oh, lol sorry I have had very little adult communication lately}, sometimes I think she does it just to drive me bonkers. Actually I’m positive she does, sometimes I even catch myself arguing with a two-year old. I know, I am not proud it, but it happens more than I would like to admit!
Anyway, back to the subject of fun kid food. I have traveled high and low, to come up with only the coolest, most hip, super awesome fun kid food idea! Okay, so the trip was only to the store, but it felt like a 26 hour car across the desert. Let’s just say I never want to be in the truck alone with a toddler who is in a bad mood because my pitbull Skittles decided to have her Barbie legs for lunch! She doesn’t understand that Skittles really wanted pizza for lunch, but Mattie had to be picky! He had no choice, it was Barbie legs or starve. Skittles is my oldest, best behaved son. He never argues, his only bad habit is eating Barbie when he gets hungry.
Do you see what I have to put up with daily? All this is done with little to NO adult communication, unless dad comes home early. That doesn’t work all, I’m sure you can tell by the above picture. Yea, I was going to poke Catie with a noodle for naming our fun food after mom, but dad took the dry noodle on a weenie beating for her. It’s so hard being mom, lol! What’s even worse, all this is a true story. Does this scream, “MOM NEEDS ADULT TIME?” haha, back recipe for Moms Making Fun Kid Food with Cheese! Yea, my clever teenager came up with that, while she was watching me make it all alone. She even made up a song about it, but we will not go into that.
Moms Making Fun Kid Food with Cheese Recipe
Anyway, let’s talk bout this fun kid’s food idea and I will leave my soap box in the past. It’s super easy to make, a little time-consuming, but worth it. I am not sure why, but fun food just taste better doesn’t it? Anyway, if you are looking for a fun kid food ideas, you will totally have to try it out.
What you are going to need:
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Cheese package out of your extra box of Mac and Cheese
How the magic happens:
- Mom will take hotdogs, and cute them into pieces. Size depends on your child’s age. Normally I will cut one hot dog into five or six pieces.
- Mom again, will grab the spaghetti noodles, and start pushing them through each piece of hot dog. Put as many as you like, the more the better in our house.
- Mom will then place water on stove to start boiling.
- Once water is boiling mom will put the noodles and hotdogs into the water, and cook until noodles are completely done. Be careful stirring so you do not break any of the noodles.
- Once they are done mom drains the noodles.
- Then act like you are making Mac and Cheese. Add your butter, package from your Mac and Cheese, and milk. Mix until cheese is smooth and cream. Yup, mom does this too!
- Mom will then make plates for everyone.
- Kids will have a blasted playing with their new Fun Kid Food friend. They will have so much fun, before they know it everything is gone, they are full, and if you’re lucky will lay down to watch a movie and fall asleep. I know it never happens for me either, but we can dream right?
In the end MOM WINS! Catie was scared to eat her lunch because I told her I put a bugger in it, lol! I didn’t put one in there, but she doesn’t know that. Really I had a blast making Moms Making Fun Kid Food with Cheese!
Let me know if you make this Fun Kid Food for your kids and what they think.