Are you ready for the big game? The big game has always been a huge deal in our home and as long as I can remember. We have had family and friends come to our house and not only enjoy the big game but the darn commercials, conversations and, of course, the food like this Quick & Easy Pepperoni Pizza Braid Recipe I have made every year since I moved out of my parents’ house. It’s a tradition to have the pizza braid on game day.
Quick & Easy Pepperoni Pizza Braid Recipe
- To make the pizza braid you’re going to need the following ingredients:
- 1 can refrigerate pizza crust
- ¾ cup spaghetti sauce
- 2-3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pepperoni slices (7 ounces)
- 1/4 cup black olives
Let’s make this yummy pizza braid:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet, preferably nonstick by lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- Unroll the pizza dough and press it into the baking sheet so it covers almost the whole baking sheet.
- Cut 8 to 10 strips along the edge of each side of the crust leaving a 2 to 3-inch slide up the mile.
- Spread some pasta sauce in the middle of the dough.
- Top with cheese and pepperoni.
- Fold one strip over the topping in the middle, fold one strip over the topping in the center, fold another dough piece from the opposite side of the first strip and repeat until looks braided. (see above picture)
- Bake 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly and is a lovely golden brown color on top.
- Remove from oven allow to cool 10 to 15 minutes and cut into slices.
The Pepperoni and black olive pizza braid are sure to be a huge hit with adults and children.
[clickToTweet tweet=”I can’t wait to make this quick & easy Pepperoni Pizza Braid #recipe via @sjblahblahblog #jbbb” quote=”I can’t wait to make this quick & easy Pepperoni Pizza Braid” theme=”style3″]
I love making quick and easy meals for the big game because I don’t think it’s possible for me to invite over family and friends and not make sure everyone has something to enjoy while watching the game. I think our friends and family would go into shock if they didn’t have plenty to munch on when they came to our house. Honestly, I look forward to waking up on game day and preparing food most of the day.
Have you made a pizza braid before?