I cannot believe we are already sharing Christmas recipes but I have to admit I’m excited to share these quick, easy, and oh so adorable Snowman Ding Dongs with you! These would be so much for to take to the kids school for one of their holiday parties! I know I’m planning on sharing these with my kids school once the holidays roll around. My daughter will love it!
Rather than doing to much rambling why don’t we just get to the recipe.
To make this quick, easy and super adorable snowman ding dongs you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 package white hostess ding dongs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- Black, sky blue, red and orange gel food coloring
- 4 disposable piping bags with a number 2 tip
- 1 squeeze bottle
- Wilton Christmas holly sprinkles
- Wilton Christmas snowflake sprinkles
Follow the below directions to make this fun Christmas recipe:Unwrap the ding dongs and place them on a wax covered baking sheet
- Using a standing mixer, combine the egg whites, powder sugar, vanilla, and cream of tarter and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Split the icing into four bowls
- Add a little bit of food coloring into each bowl. One color per bowl.
- Scoop the red, black, and orange frosting into 3 piping bags and set aside
- Scoop a little bit of the blue frosting into the last piping bag
- Add 1 tsp of water into the blue frosting bowl and mix until combined. Frosting may be a tad bit runny which is what you want!
- Pour the blue frosting into the squeeze bottle
- Using the blue piping bag, pipe a line around 1/4 of the top of the ding dong for the snowman’s hat
- Fill in the blue lines with the thinned blue frosting
- Using the black frosting, pipe dots for his eyes, and mouth
- Using the orange frosting, pipe on his nose.
- Let sit to dry for about 20 minutes before adding the sprinkles
- Using tweezers or your fingers, place two holly sprinkles onto the left corner of his hat
- Place a snowflake sprinkle into the top middle part of his hat
- Using the red frosting, pipe in 3 dots under the holly sprinkles to make the berries on the holly.
- Let ding dongs completely dry for about 1 hour before enjoying!
Tell me these will not be the talk of the party or school if you show up with them? And, they are super easy and really do not take that long to make especially when you consider the cuteness factor lol.
Here are a few more Christmas recipes we thought you might enjoy.