Raise your hand if you are looking for an awesome Saint Patrick’s Day Recipe! I know, I have not really posted many, it’s only because I knew I would be posting my Green Pistachio Muffin Recipe, and they are so much better than any green cupcake, or cake I have ever tasted!
I actually made these for the 2nd time the other day, and they are addicting, even my husband likes them and he doesn’t care for muffins. It’s the pistachio, he could care less if they are green, or pink!
This yummy, crunchy muffin top and moist inside the green pistachio muffin has a great pistachio flavor, you are going to want to make these all year long! They will be great pink for Easter and red for Christmas! The top is nice and crunch, and the inside is so soft with little pieces of pistachio! Yummy, whether you are looking for a Saint Patrick’s Day Recipe or just a good Muffin Recipes you cannot go wrong with these.
- 1 box of instant pistachio pudding (3.4 ounce package)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Food coloring (optional)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (can use vanilla extract)
- AA Coarse Sugar (optional, but gives a good sweet flavor.)
Directions for this fabulous Green Pistachio Muffin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and prepare muffin pan. I use the liners, because it’s easier, less messy, and makes them easier to store.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all dry ingredients – pudding, flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a different mixing bowl mix all wet ingredients, medium mix eggs, almond extract, milk, and oil. Do not add food coloring yet
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, and add 2 drops of food coloring. Add more 2 drops at a time until you get desired color.
- Cover using AA Coarse Sugar. I personally like to use a lot, it gives everything a really nice flavor and makes the top of the muffin a little crunchy which I like.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick done.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pistachio flavor
- After your muffins are cooked use a pastry brush to paint on the muffin topping. Allow to cool, and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy our fabulous Saint Patrick’s Day recipe, it’s fun and super green! Oh, and remember make it any time of the year! The great things is that you can make this Pistachio Muffin Recipe any time of year, it’s great for summer, winter, fall, and all the holidays! Enjoy, and do let me know how they turn out if you make them.