Everyone loves breakfast for dinner right? Well what about breakfast for game day? Well, my daughter wanted me to make breakfast food for the game, so I decided to give these Spam Breakfast Eggrolls recipes a try and oh my goodness it is amazing! Kids are just too smart and full of great ideas because I could even make these ahead of time and toss them in the freezer. When game time comes around just pop them into the oven and BAM! It’s that easy, and so far everyone has loved them.
To make theses yummy egg rolls, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 can spam
- 2-3 Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 green onions
- 5 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5-6 slices of bacon (uncooked)
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- Swiss cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
Follow the below directions to create your yummy eggrolls:
- Dice potatoes, place in large pan with onions and drizzle oil on top. Mix the potatoes and oil and cook potatoes on medium-high heat until the are slightly browned and softened.
- While potatoes are cooking dice SPAM.
- When potatoes are close to finished toss in the SPAM and cook together until browned as pictured. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat (scramble) eggs and put in medium size pan. Add milk, bacon and green onions and cooked frequently stirring until eggs are cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the cheese, eggs mixture and SPAM mixture into the center of the egg roll wrapper and wrap it up and set aside.
- Once you have all your egg rolls wrapped up place them in a hot pan with olive oil and cook. You’ll need to flip after about 30 seconds, try not to leave them in too long they cook rather quickly.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and enjoy.
See kids are so smart right. That’s why I always ask my kids what sounds good to them. I would have never thought of this on my own. However, I am the one who came up with the whole egg roll idea lol. Hey, I have to take some credit for this brilliantly delicious idea.
Who else loves SPAM? Have you ever thought of adding SPAM to your game day food line up? I am going to be honest, until recently I never put the two together but there are some amazing recipes at SPAM.com that you should go and check out if you have a few minutes. Seriously, they have everything from SPAM Meatball Sliders to Bacon Wrapped Bites.
Also, did you know that you can different kinds of SPA<? I’ve always just grabbed the original but you can pick up SPAM Lite, SPAM 23% Less Sodium, SPAM with Bacon, SPAM with Oven Roasted Turkey, SPAM Hickory Smoke, Hot & Spicey, Jalapeno, Teriyaki, and tons more. Head over to SPAM.com and check it out.
So what are your plans for the big game? Will you be hosting a party or going to a party? If so tell us what you are planning to make!
This is a sponsored post written by myself for SPAM. All opinions and images are my own.