This year for Easter will we be having our annual Easter barbecue with all our friends and family, the kids will be hunting Easter eggs, there will be lots of laughs, and plenty of memories made. It seems like every year we make more and more hard-boiled eggs, because there are more children. Which is GREAT, I love kids, but with that many hard-boiled eggs you must have something planned. What do you do with all those pretty, colorful hard-boiled eggs? Thanks to MIRACLE WHIP we put a spicy twist on a traditional dish with this fabulous Spicy Deviled Egg Recipe, and learned a few new tips on how to hard boil a great egg.
Spicy Deviled Eggs Recipe
This was my first time to ever steer away from the traditional deviled eggs recipe, and I am glad I did. The Spicy Deviled Eggs recipe is quick, easy, and the perfect snack for the toughest of crowds. The Spicy Deviled Eggs are amazing, a spicy twist on the classic deviled eggs we have loved for years, with the unique, one-of-a-kind creamy blend of sweet and tangy MIRACLE WHIP.
Vayda wanted to help me create our new Spicy Deviled Eggs, which was a blast, and the recipe is easy enough she pretty much did everything by herself. The Spicy Deviled Eggs Recipe only takes about 15 minutes, and serves 24.
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2/3 Cup MIRACLE WHIP Light Dressing (Regular MIRACLE WHIP will work just fine)
- 2 tsp GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely
Let’s Get Cooking
- First hard boil your eggs. I learned a few great tips on how to make hard-boiled eggs that turn out great from MIRACLE WHIP, be sure to keep reading so you can check them out.
- Cut all your eggs lengthwise in half, and remove the yolks. Be sure to place them in a medium-sized bowl, and mash the yolk using a fork. Combine all the remaining ingredients, and mix until it is a nice creamy texture. This was Vayda’s first time cutting eggs, and she cut the wrong direction. Now they are not only unique, and tasty, they have character!
- Spoon mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika (I did not add this because my husband doesn’t like it, CRAZY GUY)
- You can also garnish with additional jalapeno slices if desired. Again, I did not do this because I wanted to be sure my small children could eat them, and Vayda was helping me cook. However, next time I will be adding a slice of jalapeno to some of them for mom and dad. Oh, and by the way you are finished. That’s is all; it’s seriously that easy!
TIP: If you want to give your Spicy Deviled Eggs a fancy look you can spoon the egg yolk mixture into a small resealable plastic bag. Next, cut a small corner from the bottom of the bag and use it to pipe filling into the egg white halves. It’s an easy way to dress up your Spicy Deviled Eggs for Easter.
I have been making hard-boiled eggs for years, and thanks to MIRACLE WHIP I learned some great tips to help ensure great hard-boiled eggs.
How to Hard Boil Eggs!
Here are some great tips to help you ensure you get a great hard-boiled egg.
- Place eggs in a single layer in your saucepan.
- Add just enough water so eggs are completely covered with the water. Bring to a boil, and cover.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain eggs, and immediately place in a bowl of ice water.
- Let the eggs stand until completely cooled. If needed be sure to change the water, so it stays nice and cool.
Once the eggs are cool you’re finished, and it’s time to enjoy!
TIP – Perfectly hard-boiled eggs will have a firm yellow center, with no greenish tinge
I always have MIRACLE WHIP Dressing in my home, because I use it for so many different recipes. I tried a new recipe for enchiladas using MIRACLE WHIP, and they turned out fabulous (I will be sharing soon). It’s amazing what a little MIRACLE WHIP can do.
You can find more fabulous recipes by visiting MiracleWhip.com.
Will you create a spicy twist on the classic deviled eggs, and make the Spicy Deviled Egg recipe?