So this recipe for the St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Covered Oreos is super yummy and totally something you can have fun doing with the kids. Sure it might get a little messy but what’s a little mess when you’re having fun? Every mess we have ever made cooking something together has been worth ti because I have memories that will last a lifetime.
Raise your hand if this year has gone by WAY too darn fast! If only I had more hands to raise, lol. This year is hauling butt; I can’t believe I’m sharing this St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Covered Oreos recipe with you already. Gosh, where in the world does time go?
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 2 packages Ghirardelli White Chocolate wafers
- Green gel food coloring
- Wilton Dot/Stripe Cookie Candy Mold (You can grab this on Amazon.com here.)
- Plastic Squeeze Bottles
- Melt the white chocolate wafers. You can do this using a double boiler, candy melting pot, over the stove or even in the microwave. I love my melting pot, but you can melt the wafers another way if you don’t have one.
- Set aside 1/4 of the melted wafers. You’ll use these for the white chocolate strips.
- Add green gel food coloring to the melted white chocolate and mix thoroughly. If you want it a little greener, you can add more food coloring one drop at a time.
- Pour some of the green chocolate into each of the molds. While the chocolate is still warm add one Oreo cookie to each mold. Cover the top of the cookie with more melted green chocolate and place plastic mold tray on a cookie tray and place in the freezer for two hours. If you don’t have the mold, you can dip the cookies into the green chocolate and lay them on wax paper. They just won’t have the pretty lines, but they will still look fab and taste great.
- Remove cookies from freezer and gently pop them out of the mold. You’ll likely have to reheat the white chocolate. Once melted spoon the white chocolate into the plastic squeeze bottles and drizzle the melted white chocolate over each of the green chocolate covered cookies. Flip cookies over and do the same thing to the other side.
- Enjoy your yummy St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies!
If you would like to print this recipe out, you can do so using the below recipe
There are affiliate links in this post. When you purchase something from one of the links, we’ll make a little bit of money. It’s not a lot, but it helps pay the bills 🙂 Thanks for reading I hope you enjoy the recipes.