Are you looking for a totally yummy and unique recipe to fire up on the grill this Memorial Day? Great, you are going to love this Stuffed Green Chili & Mushroom Bacon-Wrapped Burger Dog Recipe for the Grill.
This year when you have your Memorial Day gathering step things up and really impress your guests with something special like a Burger Dog! The great thing about making Burger Dogs is you can make them so many different ways – BBQ, stuffed with cheese, add green chili and mushrooms and wrap it in bacon like we have or add all your favorite toppings. The Burger Dog is awesome because it’s so versatile especially when accompanied with tasty KING’S HAWAIIAN Hot Dog Buns.
To be honest, I don’t even need the Burger Dog to eat KING’S HAWAIIAN Hot Dog Buns. They are so yummy, I can’t help but sneak one while the Burger Dogs are on the grill, lol.
This is by far one of my favorite recipes on the grill. I remember my aunt making these when I was younger. She never handed down the recipe, and it’s everything her’s was and more thanks to the KING’S HAWAIIAN Hot Dog Buns. Which is without a doubt my favorite bun EVER!
Stuffed Green Chili & Mushroom Bacon-Wrapped Burger Dog
To make this Green Chili & Mushroom Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Burger Dog recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- KING’S HAWAIIAN Hot Dog Buns
- Hot Dogs
- Hamburger Meat
- Cheese (I stuffed with Swish Cheese)
- Green Chili
To make your own Green Chili and Mushroom Bacon-Wrapped Burger Dog Recipe for the Grill follow the below instructions:
- Slice mushrooms and saute and set aside for later.
- Slice onions, green chili, and any other toppings you plan to put on your burger dog. Set aside for later.
- Make hamburger patties with the hamburger meat.
- Place a hot dog and cheese on the inside of the burger dog and roll up into the hamburger meat. Make sure there are not any holes when wrapping the hamburger meat around the hot dog and wrap with bacon. Be sure to tuck the bacon into another part of the bacon before baking. This will help keep the bacon in place as you grill it.
- Make sure there are not any holes when wrapping the hamburger meat around the hot dog, so the cheese stays inside the patty. And wrap with bacon. Be sure to tuck the bacon into another part of the bacon before baking. This will help keep the bacon in place as you grill it.
- Wrap with bacon. Be sure to tuck the bacon into another part of the bacon before baking. This will help keep the bacon in place as you grill it.
- Grill burger dogs until cooked all the way through, usually about 15 minutes. You can also add any seasoning you like. We don’t put a whole lot on them because they don’t need it. Just a little season salt, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place burger dog into a KING’S HAWAIIAN Sweet Buns top with cheese, green chili, onions, sauteed mushrooms and any other toppings you’d like.
- KING’S HAWAIIAN Sweet Buns and Rolls are seriously my favorite. I don’t even need a Green Chili & Mushroom Bacon-Wrapped Burger Dog to eat a KING’s HAWAIIAN Bun or Roll; they are AMAZING by themselves. They are not only an irresistible part of the upcoming long weekend but an essential component of my entertaining menu.
Anytime we have people over for a BBQ, go camping or just cookout as a family I make sure and have KING’S HAWAIIAN rolls and someone always asks about the buns or rolls and want to know where I got them. Memorial Days is one of my favorite holidays, mostly because we always get together with family and friends and have an awesome cookout and build memories together, but it’s also because my birthday is the 27th. Plus the Memorial Day holiday means I get to run to Target for the KING’S HAWAIIAN Hot Dog Buns with the top awesome slice.
Yes, they taste great and are easier to eat due to the top slice Burger Dogs. I’ve noticed my kids have an easier time with KING’S HAWAIIAN buns because of the slice on the top.
If you haven’t had the opportunity to enjoy a KING’S HAWAIIAN Bun or Roll, I cannot suggest them enough.
Next time you are visiting Target be sure to grab KING’S HAWAIIAN Buns or Rolls, I seriously doubt many of you will be disappointed.
Before I forget be sure to swing by and check out our yummy Grilled BBQ Country Style Rib “Dogs” recipe.
“This blog post was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN, but the opinions are all my own.”