I don’t know about you, but my family loves Italian food. Okay, so mostly pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, and my super big, totally easy big meatballs recipe. I have to admit they are pretty yummy, and you can do so many things with them. Typically we will place them on top of some pasta, or eat them alone. My son, is a little odd and LOVES it when I make my huge meatballs so he can have a meatball burritos. Personally I don’t recommend it, but he would tell you differently lol.
Typically we enjoy , making meatball subs, but you can make Big Meatball Recipe for anything with meatballs, or maybe just have a few giant meatballs with some mac-n-cheese. They are always yummy, and super easy to make.
Super Duper Big Meatballs Recipe
- 4 pounds of hamburger meat
- 1 Cup of Oatmeal or 4 slices of bread
- 8 oz. tomato sauce (optional, turns out great either way.)
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons to garlic (or more if you like lots of garlic like my husband)
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 12 ounces of cheese shredded
- 1 Can of Your Favorite Spaghetti Sauce or Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
How to make your super-duper big meatballs
- In a large bowl combine everything expect cheese and spaghetti Sauce. Mix together completely using your hands.
Roll into your meatballs. Make them as little or as big as you like.
Toss those bad boys in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes or until cooked completely
Take them out, allow them to cool a big, and service with cheese on top.
The can of tomato sauce is optional, and really depends on your taste buds. I don’t care for tomato sauces in mine, but figured I would list it because my husband love it with tomato sauce mixed in. It might be something you play with, or if you already know you love tomato sauce include it. Either way they are really yummy.
You can also make your own spaghetti sauce, or purchase your favorite spaghetti sauce and for the top of each meatball. Either way they are yummy.