If you are a returning follower of my blog, then you know that I am a cupcake lover. I have a Sweet and Salty Cupcakes Recipe for you to try. I wanted to share this with you all. I enjoy sitting down and eating a little sweet and salty treats together. The two together are great. I often eat kettle corn too and if you have ever had that, then you know what I am talking about. The sweet and salty taste together.
I wanted to come up with a cupcake that I could make that would incorporate the two together. This was the outcome. Not only do they taste really good, but they look really nice too.
My husband, to my surprise, really liked this Sweet and Salty Cupcakes Recipe. He normally wants either sweet or salty and not the two together. That was not the case with these. He sat down and took his first bite and that was all she wrote. He was really impressed, just as I was. They are so good. Even the cupcake itself is so moist. The frosting and the topping on top of the frosting make the taste stand out. I so hope that you will try this recipe.
The below Sweet and Salty Cupcakes Recipe is below for your convenience. I love to share recipes with you so that you can try something different at home for your family. It is always interesting to be able to see new or different recipes that you have not seen before. If you decide to make these, come back and let me know if you did anything differently than what I did with my cupcakes. Do you like a little saltiness with your sweets? Now is your chance to make your very own cupcakes with a little bit of both!
Sweet and Salty Cupcakes Recipe
Try this amazing Sweet and Salty Cupcakes Recipe for yourself. They are amazing!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 C sugar
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 C whole milk, room temp
- 1/2 C canola
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C boiling water
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream
- 3 C + 1/2 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt plus 1/8 for later
- Caramel sauce for drizzle,
- Reese topping mix pack.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda &, salt in mixing bowl.
- Combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add this to the dry ingredients beating on medium until the batter is smooth.
- Gradually add the boiling water, milk and oil.
- Blend together until the batter is smooth.
- Using a medium scoop fill the paper lined cupcake tins with the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to slightly cool before transferring to wire racks.
- Beat powder sugar, butter and sea salt in a bowl.
- Incorporate the vanilla
- Add in the heavy whipping cream, and continue to mix until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce and then sprinkle the reese snack pack.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining sea salt.