Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treats
Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner? It has really snuck up on us. This year I was ahead of the game and have been busy baking, but normally I am staying up until 4am on Valentine’s Day trying to get treats made and surprise my kids with something delicious and straight out of Pinterest for breakfast. Ok, I still have yet to make a breakfast straight off of Pinterest, but my goodies make up for it. This time around, I wanted to take a classic treat and put a spin on it for Valentine’s Day!
This recipe was mostly inspired by my children and their love of Rice Krispie Treats. I think at this point, I should have stock in that snap crackle pop with how much they love this treat. The recipe for regular Rice Krispie Treats can be found all across the interwebs, I even saw one that used Trix cereal! For this recipe, and to make it more Valentine like, I added in chocolate to make it something special that my children can take to school, but also romantic enough I can plop one in my honey’s lunch box. Check out how to make my Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treats
Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
To make my recipe, you will need the following ingredients. Most of which are probably in your cabinet:
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 10 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers
- Red Chocolate melting wafers
The directions are super easy! Just give it a go:
- Line a 9×13-inch cookie pan with parchment paper, then coat with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and miniature marshmallows over low heat until the marshmallows are just melted.Add in the Stir salt and vanilla stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat, add the Rice Krispies and mix until it is completely and evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan and, using a wooden spoon or spatula that has been coated in non-stick cooking spray, press the mixture firmly into a packed, even layer. Allow to set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Now use a heart cookie cutter and press it into the bars then remove slowly and set to the side.
- Begin to melt your chocolate by using a double boiler fill your bottom 1/2 way with water bring to a boil on high heat. Place your second half onto and add your chocolate and stir to melt.
- Once melted reduce your heat to low and take your rice bar and dip half of it in the chocolate.Place the rice bar on a pan with parchment paper.
- Let it cool and repeat process with each heart
- Once cool begin to melt your red melting chocolate same way as chocolate above.
- Take a large spoon and drizzle the red on to of your rice bars.
- Let cool before serving
Isn’t that easy!! Kids would even love to help out on this recipe. If you wish to print it out and add it to your recipe binder, use the recipe card below.
You may also like:
Delicious Valentine’s Day Chocolate Pretzels