I love easy dinner ideas, especially when they are yummy as this SUPER EASY Chicken Taco Salad Recipe! It’s not just yummy, and super easy, it’s totally customizable. If you don’t like chicken, use beef, if you don’t like lettuce or something else, don’t add it. Maybe you want beans, add them. See, so my recipe, probably will just be a starting point for you to create your own easy Chicken Taco Salad, which could be a beef taco salad, lol!
The best part is that you do not need to worry about frying a huge taco shell! We use chips, which is much easier, and saves tons of time! I don’t know about you, but I love anything that allows me to save time.
If you love easy dinner ideas, that are totally yummy, and take very little time to make, you cannot go wrong with this easy chicken taco salad recipe!
If you are hunting for easy dinner ideas you cannot go wrong with this chicken taco salad! Make as little or as much as you like.
Ingredients for your Chicken Taco Salad
- 2 Large Boneless Chicken Breast (about 2 pounds)
- ½ bag of corn tortilla chips
- Lettuce (you favorite kind, and amount is up to you)
- 1 Can Black Olives Chopped (I was out, so we skipped. Still taste amazing)
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 2 Medium tomatoes Chopped
- 2 Large Avocados
- ½ Package Taco Season (or season yourself with your favorite seasoning for tacos)
- 1 Can Pinto Beans (Drained completely)
- 2 cups of your favorite cheese shredded
- Optional – black olives, green chili, corn, pinto beans drained completely, and anything else that sounds yummy.
How To Make Chicken Taco Salad
- Cube chicken, and cook with taco seasoning until completely done. (You do not have to use taco seasoning. Many prefer to make their own, which is totally okay).
- You do not have to add beans, but they are very tasty. If you decide to add them, warm them on medium low heat, until warm all the way through, and drain out all the liquid. Placing them in a strainer works great.
- While the chicken is cooking cut up other ingredients. Add as much, or as little as you like. That’s what makes this the best easy chicken taco salad EVER – there are no rules! Make it the way you like it.
- In a large bowl place (whole or crushed) tortilla chips on the bottom, and begin to layer in the other ingredients. Typically, we put the beans on top of the chips, add in the veggies, and place the chicken and cheese on top.
- You can leave it layered, or mix it up. I like to leave it pretty and layered, but it doesn’t last long before my husband comes along and mixes everything together, lol.
- Top with your yummy salsa, and/or sour cream, and enjoy!
Tip: If you think you made enough to have leftovers, you might consider having everyone make their individual taco salads as you go. If you combine, and try to save leftovers they will be soggy.