Living in New Mexico, Mexican food is something we see a lot of. Nothing fits hand in hand with Mexican food better than Avocado’s. My all time favorite recipe using avocados is the traditional Guacamole recipe.
If you haven’t had Guacamole, you’re missing out. Now grab some of your favorite tortilla chips, and let’s get started. I’m going to share one of my favorite Guacamole Recipes with you.
Traditional New Mexico Guacamole Recipe
- 4 to 5 fresh Avocados from Mexico
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic (iced)
- 1 Lemon – Juiced (Squeeze all the juice out into a small cup)
- 1 Tomato Diced up
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/4 cup of cilantro – You will need to since very small
- 3-6 Jalapenos depending on how warm you would like your guacamole dip
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grab a large bowl, cut and remove seeds from Avocado’s from Mexico, and cut up into small pieces.
- Now add everything together in a medium sized bowl. You’re going to want to mix to the consistency you like. Some people enjoy chunky Guacamole while others prefer it less chunky.
- Grab your favorite chips, or Mexican dish and dig in.
I personally love avocados, they taste fabulous with more than just Mexican food. Another one of my favorites is adding fresh avocado to my salads. You can add avocado’s to plenty of dishes. They are a great way to add flavor and cut calories