This recipe for Zesty Slow Cooker Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches is SO GOOD, and one of my favorite things about it is that it’s easy. I can start the chicken while the kids are still in school and have plenty of time to spend with them after school. Sure beats spending the whole evening cooking dinner, my kids are a heck of a lot more fun lol.
To make this Slow Cooker Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches Recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 to 6 Chicken Breast
- 1 Bottle Annies BBQ Sauce (12 ounces)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ Grape Jelly
- 1 Small White Onion
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Let’s get cooking:
- Turn slow cooker on to high, put chicken in slow cooker with enough water to completely cover the chicken, chop onion and toss it into the slow cooker with the chicken.
- Mix in ½ of the bottle of barbecue sauce, grape jelly, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and allow to cook on high for 3 to 4 hours then turn down to low and boil out any extra water.
- While water is boiling out grab a fork and use it to shred chicken. It should fall apart relatively easy.
- Once the chicken is shredded add the rest of the barbecue sauce and turn slow cooker to warm.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grab your buns and make yourself one of these super yummy Slow Cooker Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches! Enjoy!
I have made this recipe 100 times, but this was the first time I used Annie’s barbecue sauce. I honestly didn’t even know that Annie’s made an Organic Barbeque Sauce, but I guess I should have known. Annie’s makes all sorts of great products – Mac & Cheese, Fruit Gummies, pasta, soups, bunny crackers, bunny graham crackers, regular gram crackers, and tons more. Like everything else I have tried from Annie’s the BBQ sauce is super fantastic.
Let’s just say I was rather pleased with the results, the fact that I was able to use organic barbecue sauceI got everything I needed for this recipe at Sprouts, plus did a little extra shopping to keep my pantry nice and stocked up. With four children, it’s defiantly something that needs to be done and I don’t trust my husband at the store, lol.
“Better for You Brand Sale” at Sprouts Farmers Market
Do you need to stock your pantry up too? Be sure to swing by Sprouts for their “Better for You Brand Sale” at Sprouts Farmers Market. Having a pantry filled with General Mills brands allows us moms to beat the craziness of not knowing what to make for dinner and rushing around last minute and not having things for our hungry kids to snack on when they get home afterschool and are home all weekend. Plus, you can SAVE 35% at Sprout’s “Better for Your Brand Sale! Yes, if you are stocking up that 35% saving is defiantly worth the trip.
I’ve have shopped at Sprouts for a while now, but here recently I’ve actually started keeping my pantry stocked as much as possible with brands such as Annie’s (my favorite, all sorts of things to choose from), Food Should Taste Good, Larabar, Cascadian Farms Organic, Epic, Immaculate, and several more.
I was just at Sprouts and planned on grabbing me Larabar, they are one of my favorite grabs and go snacks. They taste amazing, are super quick and easy to grab, and they are wholesome. My kids LOVE Annie’s White Cheddar Bunny crackers. Oh and the bunny graham crackers, well they like al Annie’s graham crackers, but the little ones shaped like bunnies are much cooler for kids. OMG, and don’t even get me started on the Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potatoe chips. They are amazing!
This is a sponsored post written on behalf of General Mills. All opinions are my own; I hope you enjoy the bbq sandwich recipe.