10 Cast Iron Dinners
Can you believe that is fall already? I walked out this morning and chill bumps graced my arms for the first time since I can remember. While I will be sad to see the warm weather leave, because who doesn’t love summer, I am also so excited for the colder weather. Colder weather brings bonfires, hoodies, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, cuddling under the blanket and even roasting marshmallows. Oh, it also brings on the cooking!! I love to cook during the fall because it is the perfect time to dust off the cast iron skillets and get to work.
Cast iron cooking is perfect for the fall and cooler weather. There are unlimited possibilities with what all can be made. From delicious breakfast bakes to sweet treats, cast iron cooking is one of our favorites things about fall. Today, I am excited to bring you an exciting list of 10 cast iron dinners. These are perfect when you only want to use one pan, go straight from the stove to the oven, and for a rustic dinner.
- I love my Citrus Chicken Cast Iron Skillet. It is packed full of flavor and will have your kids saying yum yum!!
- When you think of fall, you think Chili. I found this Seasoned Chili Cornbread over at Untrained Housewife, and my mouth is already watering!
- Some days you just want take out! When it is really cold outside, I usually try the next best thing.. This Oriental Pork Cast Iron Skillet Meal from The Spring Mount 6 Pack is perfect.
- Who doesn’t love cheese? I could eat cheese all day long if my uh, stomach, would let me. This Garlic Parmesan Chicken from Blog by Donna looks heavenly.
- Even though summer is coming to an end, no need to stop barbecuing!! Over at A Grande Life, she made BBQ Chicken Nachos and they look delectable. This definitely belongs on my cast iron dinners roundup.
- During the colder weather, my body likes to store food for the winter so I try to find low carb dinners to cook during the fall. The Low Carb Apple Cider Chicken Tenders from Kasey Trenum is simply amazing.
- At least once a month during the summer, I make something with Caprese. Refer to #4. I love cheese. Once I found this One Pan Caprese Chicken from Horseshoes and Hand grenades I was sold.
- Shrimp!! Raise your hand if you love shrimp!! *Raises Hand*. I found these Teriyaki Shrimp Kabobs from Eat Picks and I couldn’t wait to try them. It uses a Cast Iron Grill Top, but if you are obsessed with cast irons like me, you will have a vast array of them.
- I promise you all, we do eat things other than Chicken. In a cast iron, though, chicken is just delicious and juicy. With that being said, I can’t wait to try Garlic and Tomato Chicken from All My Good Things.
- Last, but not least, I gotta throw in something spicy! We have made this Enchilada Pasta from A Simple Pantry and it is perfect.
There you have it, folks!! These are 10 of my favorite cast iron dinners. There are so many things you can prepare and cook in a cast iron skillet, that the possibilities for dinner are limitless. I hope you give a few of these a try. If your cast iron sweet tooth isn’t satisfied, check out my list of cast iron recipes.