Yes indeed, Dynacraft knows the most important message, anyone can give for scooter safety is “wear a helmet, wear a helmet, wear a helmet!!! It’s a no brainer that children should always wear protective gear when riding a scooter. It is also required by law for children to wear an approved bicycle helmet at all times while riding a one of these folding kick backs. The folks at Dynacraft would like for us parents to understand the dangers that come with the use of scooters and what steps to take in order to protect our precious little tike’s from injury. We love that Dynacraft is so much more than just a toy company, they keep our children at heart and their safety a priority by designing top brands of fun-to-ride products! I have listed below 12 of their wonderful safety tips for children riding a folding scooter.
11 Safety Tips From Dynacraft For Children Riding A Folding Scooter!
- 1. READ THE OWNER’S MANUAL CAREFULLY-Read the owner’s manual carefully and heed the warnings stated in the manual and on the bicycle. Be sure that the bicycle is the right size and adjusted for the rider.
- 2. CHECK YOUR RIDE BEFORE EACH AND EVERY RIDE-Visually inspect your bike to ensure tires are properly inflated, the brakes are in good working order and the bicycle itself is in good condition
- 3. NEVER FORGET YOUR HELMET-A helmet can save your life, so never ride without one. Make sure it is specifically designed for bicycling and meets Snell or CPSC standards
- 4. PERFORM A HELMET CHECK-It’s important that your helmet fit properly, too. The strap should buckle below your chin with no more than two fingers between your chin and the strap. The helmet brim should also be level with your brow with no more than a two-finger gap. Lastly, shake your head. The helmet should not move.
- 5. DRESS APPROPRIATELY-Be seen on the road by wearing light or bright colors on your clothing or helmet. Avoid loose-fitting clothing that could get caught in wheel spokes. Always wear shoes.
- 6. OBEY LOCAL TRAFFIC LAWS-Your bike is considered a vehicle, which means you have the same right to the road as a car. It also means you must obey traffic laws just like a car. So, obey stop signs and stop lights, signal when making a turn and yield the right-of-way. But remember, sidewalk bicycles for small children should never be ridden in the street.
- 7. RIDE DEFENSIVELY-Don’t do anything that might surprise the driver of a car such as swerving, weaving in and out of traffic, or running stop lights and stop signs. Watch for cars pulling out and always scan the road behind you.
- 8. BE ALERT-Be on the lookout for vehicles turning right, particularly at intersections, as motorists may not see you.
- 9. USE HAND SIGNALS-Hand signals tell others sharing the road what you intend to do. Use proper hand signals to indicate turning or braking.
- 10. WATCH OUT FOR PEDESTRIANS-Remember, pedestrians have the right of way. Steer clear of driveways, sidewalks or other paths shared by walkers or joggers. Use the street, bike lane or bike path. Also, let pedestrians know you are near by ringing your bike bell or calling out.
- 11. AND REMEMBER, HAVE FUN!-While it is important to practice safe riding at all times, it’s also important to remember why you’re riding in the first place. Have fun, be active and enjoy the outdoors – safely and responsibly.
Dynacraft sent use their Minions Folding Scooter. This Minions Aluminium Folding Scooter is super cute and a superb choice, especially right now after the release of The Minion Movie, for kids who just want to get their hands on all things Minions!
This two wheeled Minion kick scooter from Dynacraft features an easy to use fold and lock mechanism and Soft cushion grips, grips, allowing the scooter to fold easily for quick transport. The adjustable height setting handle bar is perfect to create the correct height level for your child providing a controlled, comfortable and safe ride.
We simply love the way Dynacraft designed the deluxe paint finish with mischievous Minions graphics. The high density wheels are durable, certain to outlast many Minion cruises with my little guy, and a rear foot brake that is perfectly placed for a young child’s foot to make sudden or quick stops.
I’ll tell you my Niko loves his Dynacraft Minions Folding Scooter!! It’s the perfect size for him to do all kinds of stunts & tricks! Even though he has several electric cars, go carts and scooters this is the one he grabs and goes for first and will ride on it all day if we let him, too fun!!!
Your kids are going to love the Dynacraft Minions Folding scooter too!! For more information on this fanstaic Minion Folding Scooter or any of the Dynacraft fine product line, simply visit the website! Also, be sure to like & follow Dynacraft on all their social networks so you can stay up to date on great deals and wonderful promotions!!