I think there is a time when all of us want to feel more energized in the mornings.
Mornings can be tough, and finding ways to start your morning out with energy can often be difficult too, especially if you’re not sure where to begin. How do you normally start your day? If you’re waking up feeling sluggish and looking for ways to get more energy in the mornings here are a few things you can try adding to your morning routine for an extra boost of energy.
11 Ways To Feel More Energized In The Mornings
- Sleep – How much sleep are you getting? Do you think it’s possible you need more sleep? If not, are you sleeping too much? Most people need 6 to 8 hours of sleep to feel well rested and wake up without a sluggish feeling. Remember too much sleep can often make you feel worse than not enough sleep too. Experiment and find the right amount of sleep for your body and do your best to get close to that amount of sleep each night.
- Water – Be sure you’re drinking enough water during the days. Keeping your body hydrated during the day, but try not to drink too much water before bed so you are not waking up to use the restroom.
- Shower – When are you taking showers? A shower can be a great way to get the blood flowing and wake up.
- Music – Turn on some music while you are in the shower and getting dressed for the day. I prefer rock, but play whatever helps you feel good.
- Don’t watch TV – Stay away from the TV!
- Breakfast – Eat a healthy, balanced breakfast. Don’t skip breakfast whatever you do! Whether you’re trying to lose weight or just want to feel better, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and plays a huge role in how you feel during the day. It can be hard to eat a balanced breakfast daily, which is why you should try and find several different breakfast ideas. When you’re running late grab a bowl of your favorite cereal and a grapefruit, there are tons of benefits of grapefruit and several healthy cereals that are loaded with nutrients.
- Exercise – A short workout in the morning can do great things for the body and help wake you up too. In the spring and summer, I love mornings walks, and when it’s cold outside Yoga does my body good. Find out what works for you and stick with it.
- Stay away from the computer – I work from home and have learned to stay away from the computer for the first few waking hours. If I jump right into my email, I tend to feel sluggish for the rest of the day. It’s something to consider.
- Intimacy with your partner – Hey if you’re married there is nothing wrong with cuddling up with your partner. Plus, from a scientific point there are tons of health benefits and there’s always that cheesey morning grin. Being intiment can be a great way to start the day, sets a good mood, and helps you feel energized and relaxed.
- Think positive – Do your best to keep a positive attitude in the mornings.
- Coffee – I’m all about a morning cup of coffee, but it has to be good coffee, in my favorite coffee cup. Call me crazy, but I have two coffee cups that I love…
We all have our favorite coffee mug that we reach for every single morning, or in my husband case take to work every single day. I honestly have two favorite mugs and which one I use depends on my mood. Do I want the big red mug or the awesome Marilyn mug…. I guess it depends what I have going on.
When I’m in the car I tend to like my Marilyn mug because it travels better and the red mug for when I’m chilling at home. They’ve both been with me for a while now and I’m not really sure how they became my favorite mugs either… HUMM, that’s something to start thinking about isn’t it.
Win a Year’s Supply of McCafe Coffee
Have you tried McCafe Coffee? Oh, man I recently got some from Albertsons, and it’s pretty darn amazing if you ask me. Even my husband likes it, and he is SUPER picky about his coffee.
Most of you already know Albertsons is my favorite store.. There are so many reasons why I love my local Albertsons and you might even remember a post a wrote a while back – 8 Reasons I Love My Local Albertsons.
Albertsons now has McCafe in all sorts of yummy flavors like:
- French Roast
- French Vanilla
- Breakfast Blend
- Colombian Ground
- Premium Roast
We’ve tried the Colombian, French Vanilla, French Roast, and Premium Roast so far and they’re yummy. My husband loves the Colombian and Premium Roasts, and I’m more of a French Vanilla and French Roast kinda of gal.
Now the really cool part is that you can enter to win a years worth of McCafe coffee! Entering is easy and pretty fun too!
Okay, so you know that favorite coffee mug we were just talking about? Run and snap a picture of it.. You can use your smartphone or camera. However, I think smartphone is easiest..