Who is has found it hard to lose weight? Every wondered how to stay motivated to lose weight? I know it’s so darn easy to put the pounds on, we often don’t notice until it’s time for another shopping trip, and depending upon what is going on in our life’s we might not care to stop it before it gets out of hand, or you have been put on some type of medication that made you blow up like a balloon.
I have struggled with weight loss but, nothing like I have recently experienced. Last year the doctor put me on a medication that made me gain a crazy amount of weight, I started to get some off, but the moment I stopped my diet it came back. It’s not easy to find a way to stay motivated to lose wight, but I have good news! I am finally free from all medications and have been motivated to get rid of these extra pounds. Sure it’s hard, VERY hard, especially when you have to cook for a family that doesn’t need to worry about calories. I cook healthy for my family, but they still eat plenty of things I cannot have. So how does one stay motivated to lose weight?
15 tips to help you lose weight, and stay motivated
- Weight yourself – Every morning right after I use the restroom I jump on the scale, and keep a chart of how many pounds I have lost since I started my diet. There is several great apps for your smartphone that make it super easy to track your weight loss, even if you only lose a tiny bit, the arrow shows pointing down so
- It’s all about blue: They say that the color blue is an appetite suppressant, and for me it’s worked. I have added a little blue to my life. I eat on a blue plate, and have noticed that I am less hungry. It’s worth a shot right?
- Celebrate even the smallest victories: I don’t mean run out and buy an ice cream, but remember becoming a skinnier more healthy you takes time. Try setting weekly goals, and when you reach them at the end of the week treat yourself to a new pair of shoes, or maybe pants once you drop down a size.
- Blah to being perfect – Nobody will ever be perfect. If you slip up, don’t get down use it as motivation to get back up rather than an excuse to eat a cheeseburger for lunch. Don’t be so hard on yourself, be happy in your body and things will work out better. I tend to stick to my diet better when I do not focus on wanting to look like someone else, and look in the mirror and am happy with the person I see because I know I accomplishing my goals. It’s hard work, be proud of yourself.
- Love yourself: Wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a hug. You deserve it!
- Don’t stick to the same old workout: Change things up a bit, go for walks other places where you can enjoy a new scenery? Bring along a friend, don’t do the same thing day after day. Have fun, grab your motivating music, and head for the park, or take the kids.
- Trick yourself: I always tell my daughter I will take her for a walk in the morning after the other kids have gone to school. I make it a point to keep my promises to my kids, if I tell her we are going for a walk in the morning whether I want to or not we are going for a walk.
- Leave yourself notes: Grab your post-its and leave notes on anywhere you keep food. Small inspirational notes where you see them as you are reaching for that bag of chips, or that soda out of the refrigerator. It’s a great way to make yourself stop and decide if it’s really worth it.
- Get a skinny outfit out: If you are trying to lose weight chances are you have an outfit you want to wear again. Get it out, hand it where you can look at it as a visual reminder of your goal.
- Breakfast: If you are going to make any meal count, be sure it’s breakfast.
- Exercise every chance you get: You don’t have to be outside speed walking or at the gym to workout. You clean your house, don’t you? I have started doing squats when I am folding cloths. Every time I bend out to grab something out, I do s squat, before I know it I have done more.
- Remember why you are doing it: On those days that I just don’t want to do it anymore, I stop and look at my kids. It doesn’t take long before I am ready to get moving. My reason for wanting to be a skinnier healthier I is for myself yes, but I also want to be a better mother who can interact with her children, and will be there for her kids as they get older.
- Tell people: When you say something out loud it kind of seals the deal, it’s harder to not finish what you have started. You might even consider starting a weight loss program so you have support.
- Strawberries: We all have those days when we MUST have something sweet, try strawberries they have saved me more than anything else. They are sweeter than most fruits, and often satisfy my sweet tooth.
- Sleep: This is an area I still struggle in, I don’t sleep enough it’s been a fight to get a full 6 hours of sleep much less 7 or 8 that is required. Getting a good nights sleep makes a huge difference, so be sure you are getting enough sleep at night.
Remember once you have been on your diet for a few weeks its gets easier, your body adjusts. Just be strong, hand in there it will be worth it in the end. You might hear from me more on the subject, I have found it’s so much easier to stay on track when I talk about it, and tell people about my plans.
These are just a few ideas to hopefully get you moving in the right directions, I know it’s been hard for me. It’s hard to admit I have gained so much weight, but on the plus side it’s all going to come off I am positive. It’s not going to be easy, but it’s doable because I know I can do it. I look around me for inspiration.
It’s hard to know what is right and what’s wrong, because everything you read says something different when it comes to telling you how to stay motivated to lose weight. One thing I am certain of is there is no magic diet pill that will make you lose weight, they only help you on your adventure. You are still the driver on your long journey to a healthier you. In the ends, you need to find what motivates you to lose weight! We all have different reasons for the things we do, we all think differently, and have different goals. I hope you find what motivates you to stay on track.
If you ever need support or a friend, to help you stay motivated to lose weight shoot me an email and I will be your weight loose partner! Good Luck!