Have you been considering a vacation in Puerto Rico? If so, there are tons of awesome things to do in Puerto Rico, and I cannot recommend going enough. If I could go back, I would, without a doubt, be there tomorrow. It’s a place where you can head out with your friends for some fun, your partner for a romantic getaway, an amazing destination for a wedding or even a sweet family vacation.
Puerto Rico is a 5-star vacation destination that is loaded with world-class attractions – from golf and food to adventure and the beaches. It’s, without a doubt, a vacation destination where people from all walks of life can find something to enjoy. Even if you just want to relax and get away from your fast paced lifestyle, you’ll find some outstanding hotels to help you unwind.
Puerto Rico has 270 miles of coastline and Travel Channel features Puerto Rico in the Top 10 beaches – of course, Flamenco Beach in Culebra is included and often cited as one of the best beaches in the world! Don’t forget you’ll also be visiting the only rainforest under US national park service – El Yunque where you can climb to the clouds.
Did you know that you do not need a Passport or foreign money for that matter? Yes, it’s seriously as easy as jumping on a plane and going! I am going to warn you there is a lot to do, so be sure and plan your days, so you have the opportunity to do as much as possible. When we went that was one mistake we made, that will not happen again. We had a chance to do plenty, but had we planned our vacation to Puerto Rico better, we would have had more time to explore the beauty of the island.
Here are a few of the MANY things to do in Puerto Rico.
- Surfing and Kiteboarding – If you haven’t been surfing or kiteboarding on the beautiful Puerto Rico ocean then you’re missing out. It was in the 60s when the first surfers visited Puerto Rico, and there are places for your to get your surf on or even take surf lessons.
- Ziplining – OMG why not go Ziplining and see the beautiful, lush, green island in a unique and totally awesome way. There are several Zipline parks.
- ATV/UTV – Now this is one of the things to do in Puerto Rico that I want to check out – ride through muddy rainforest and ATVs and have fun on the rainforest paths and mushy grounds. Tell me that doesn’t sound like a blast!
- Climbing – With the beautiful mountains in Puerto Rico, you can find many difficulty levels from 5.1 to 5.15.
- Hang glider or Paragliding – If you’ve been looking for an excuse to try hang gliding or paragliding you can give it a try in Puerto Rico. You don’t have to be a pro, or even know what you are doing because you’ll find USHGA-certified instructors will help teach you to soar like a bird.
- Helicopter – You can see the island from a helicopter.
- Skydive – If you’ve been thinking about trying skydiving or you’re a pro you’ll find places to skydive in Puerto Rico.
- Tours, Tours, and MORE Tours – From incredible mountain tours to coastal tours by air you’ll definately be able to find a tour. You’ll see many breathtaking sights along the way.
- Beaches – If you’re more of a beach bum, you’ll love the beautiful beaches in Puerto Rico. You’ll find plenty of beaches to roam, catch some sun, or sand to get between your toes.
- Historic Sites – My husband is a history buff, and anytime we visit anywhere new one of the first things we do is see some historical sites. Many of Puerto Rico’s structures were the first of their kind built in the Western Hemisphere – La Cruz del Vigia, Banos de Coamo, Ermita de Espinar, Castillo Serralles, Ponce and plenty more. If you love history chances are you’ll enjoy the old world charm of San Juan.
- Food – Of course, you can’t go without trying the different Puerto Rican menus. It’s hard not to love the delicacies of Puerto Rican gastronomy as well as it’s famous Rums.
- Water Fun – Don’t forget about all the water fun to be had on your vacation – snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving, Stand Up Paddling, and more. Be sure to check out the private boat charters to see different reefs and avoid the crowds.
- Biking – Looking for things to do in Puerto RicoMore on land? Why not check out the cycling experience?
- Horseback Riding – Yes, this is yet another activity I would love to take part in.
- Casinos – Try your luck at one of the Casino’s.
- Clubs, Lunges, and Bars – Looking for some nightlight? Why not try one of Puerto Rico’s many Clubs, Lounges or Bars. Oh, or maybe, even salsa!
- Shopping – Of course one cannot go on a vacation without shopping at least a bit. Be sure to check out one of the shopping malls.
Without a doubt there are things to do in Puerto Rico for just about anyone. I want to head back to the beaches, an ATV ride, horseback riding, and who intends to leave without riding one of the many Ziplines. There is so much to do, and of course I would want to spend a nice romantic evening with my husband on at least one of those nights.
Puerto Rico is a destination with world-class attractions that will make any trip a 5-star vacation story. Be sure to Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico and leave us a comment letting us know why you want to head out on a vacation to Puerto Rico and which of the many things to do in Puerto Rico you want to do first.
Learn how you can Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico. You’ll also want to be sure and Like SeePuertoRico.com on Facebook and Follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter.