As parents we all want to keep our children safe, especially when it comes to the internet and children’s android tablets!! I may be showing my age, but during the 1975 Christmas season, Atari released a home version of Pong exclusively sold through Sears retail stores. Of course being a young child we just had to have one!! With that being said, since I’m someone that grew up with one the first video game systems, over the years I have become familiar with all the modern children’s android tablets, games, & computers on the market today. My main concern’s as a parent is how my children will be using these devices and keeping them safe on the Internet. We recently were introduced to a kid friendly tablet called iDeaPlay created by ideaPlay USA,
- Talk to your kids- ask your children about the websites they like just as you’d ask about their recent daily activities. Parents should also teach their kids about the potential hazards of links, downloads, and sharing too much information online.
- Get online- Become familiar with your kid’s world by friending them on Facebook or frequenting their favorite sites. But also, the Internet is a tremendous resource for you to learn more about the Internet. The American Academy of Pediatrics, for example, provides a “Media Time Family Pledge” and many other resources on its site.
- Establish rules-You should have rules that you and your children are clear about. The amount of time allowed for Internet use, Surfing the Web should not take the place of other important activities, including homework, playing outside, or spending time with friends.
When we received the tablet I thought it would just be another ordinary android tablet with a rubber protector. Boy was I wrong!! The first day we set it up I realize that the educational value of the games and apps are remarkable!
The software and apps are pre-installed on this children’s android tablet, displaying a wonderful selection of educational games to play. iDeaUSA is a leading US consumer electronics company focused on products that are competitively priced yet high quality. Their designs also better products, in the USA, that are expertly optimized to include the most important features and functions, offering “open standards” connectivity, compatibility and are manufactured to high standards. I am so impressed with the iDeaPlay we received. Niko absolutely loves it!!
Through the Famigo interface the iDeaPlay includes high quality premium content for children of all ages. Apps included are from Jim Henson, DreamWorks, Dr. Seuss, The Wiggles and apps including Doodle Jump, Shrek Forever After, Ice Rage, Yumsters(which is a child’s version of candy Crush), Toddle Fun Counting, Kids ABC Alphabets, Color & Draw, Riptide GP Toddle Tapping Zoo, Math Bugaboo.
Here are some of iDeaPlay apps & features I enjoy sharing with you,
- It is an awesome tablet with the android operating system and a 7” high-resolution screen, dual core processor
- Idea Play comes pre-loaded with excellent educational apps and software
- Famigo reviewed & APProved apps for your child
- Kids can add apps to their wishlist
- Kid-safe apps already on your device
- In-app purchases
- Home and Back buttons
Settings & Unlock
- Unlock Manage Mode
- Customize Famigo
- Kids request safe apps
- Parents review & purchase in Manage Mode
The iDeaPlay children’s android tablet itself came with a removable orange rubber protector, they also have a variety of colorful, interchangeable silicone protective bumpers to choose from. These silicone covers are great for kids who tend to frequently drop things. Also, iDea Play is water proof & food proof, loving this!!
I love the parental dashboard is easy to use and allows you to track your children usage as well as block them from using the Internet. What was so awesome is one day, I was in the kitchen & heard from the living room, the iDeaPlay’s voice command alerting my Niko to ask an adult for help. I actually heard this tablet tell my child to get an adult!! I then had to enter my code for him to continue, How cool is this??? He love’s any game that is racing, check out the quality of iDeaPlay,
The parental controls allows you to turn on the Internet for app usage instead of giving the kids full access to the web. So when the kiddo’s are not using the iDeaPlay, we can switch over and surf the net our selves, again loving this!! I enjoy that the password lock for the parents and the children are based on the individual user name and password.
This keeps things separate for multiple users, avoiding any accidental app deletes or over rides. IDeaPlay has a front camera & video option with fabulous picture quality. It has a USB port, as well as DC power plug, headphone jack, microphone, 3.5 mm audio jack. It’s battery life is 4 hours and It has external speak with great sound quality.
My Niko can still use the apps while not on the web, so we don’t have to turn on wi-fi for him to use the apps, making this tablet excellent for on the go! I think the idea Play android tablet is magnificent!! Because there are so many “funtastic” kid friendly educational apps on this tablet your children will never get bored, and won’t even realize they are learning as they go along!
Overall my opinion is the iDeaPlay android tablet is it’s a fabulous, safe, educational device and it’s extremely kid durable. With an average selling price of $129, it’s well worth it!! We love the iDeaPlay!
The iDeaPLAY is available now online by visiting Amazon.com or it can be purchased at one of many retail locations, including Fry’s Electronics and HEB stores across the country. The tablet also comes with complete, US based customer support service and also extended warranty options are available as well.