A lot of people are going online and asking the question – are dog nail grinders better than clippers. In all fairness and completely unbiased, we can say that there are a lot of pros of nail grinders for dogs that regular clippers just can’t compete with. And if you were to use both tools one after another, you’d notice the difference, too. With that being said, we can understand that a grinder might be more expensive and thus, we need to prove our claims. This is why we have made a short list of 5 biggest pros that dog nail grinders have. Here we go!
- The likelihood of hurting your pet is minimal or equal to zero. First and foremost, when you’re using a pair of clippers, you need to be super careful. Even so, mistakes are sometimes unavoidable and you can clip too much off which results in a pretty grim site. If you want to know how to trim dog nails safely, you can buy yourself a grinder and read the guide by clicking on the highlighted text.
- They’re quick. Clipping is instant but it comes with a risk. So, all things considered, it takes a lot of time to measure out and finally clip a nail. Using a grinder makes for a more seamless and fluent procedure. Overall, it might even be quicker to grind the nails rather than to clip them at once.
- They work with all dog sizes. Yes, clippers do work with all dog sizes too, but you do need appropriately-sized clippers. If your dog got big, the clippers you used in the past (suitable for smaller breeds) won’t do know. The same goes for large clippers on small breeds. It becomes easier to hurt them if you’re using the wrong size of clippers. Most dog nail grinders have replaceable or interchangeable tip ends that you can choose from. Usually, you have either three different tips or three different grinding modes. One works best on small dogs, the other is meant for medium-sized pups while the fastest mode or the toughest tip can trim even the toughest nails of a large canine.
- They’re convenient to use. The best dog nail grinders feature ergonomic design solutions. They’re made with convenience and simplicity in mind. Most devices nowadays are cordless, so you can take them with you and trim on the go or while travelling. Furthermore, batter life is usually pretty great since the only things that need running are the electric motor and the LCD screen and the light (if they’re present). Other than that, it is really a very barebone, yet super-effective device.
- They’re much more precise and require less work. After you clip the nail, it’s still pointy and rough. You need to shape it and smoothen the tip to complete the task. With that being said, when you’re using the grinder, there’s no extra need for that. While you are grinding the nail, the tip automatically smoothens out any roughness that might appear. In addition, top devices have guidance assists which allow for even, precise and professional nail trimming.
So, as you can clearly see, dog nail grinders have a lot of positive advantages. Nevertheless, even if you have changed your mind and understand that you need this device, click the highlighted links above. They will direct you to in-depth guides on dog nail grinders for sale. You will be able to make a more informed decision when buying. In the end, if you get a grinder, grooming becomes much easier and that’s totally worth it!