I love to travel, but that means I have to find the best way for me to work/blog-on-the go. Whether I’m taking a family road trip, to learn the story of honey, or leaving on a jet plane more often than not I have to work along the way, even if it is only checking emails. Plus, there are times when I just need a change of pace so I’ll pack up and head for the local park or my favorite spot next to the river.
Since working on the go can be a challenge I thought I would share a few tips that help make things a little less stressful.
1) Stay organized – I have a bag that is organized and has everything I need to work away from home inside. It’s nice and organized so I can just grab it and go. There is less of a chance of me forgetting something if I keep my bag organized at all times.
2) Plan your days – Planning is not my strong point, but over the years I have learned how to plan each day because it makes life so much easier. Plus, it makes working away from home less stressful, whether it’s for work, play, or just to change thing up planning is essential if you plan on successfully working away from home.
3) Hot-Spot – Don’t forget you’ll need a hot-spot if you intend on working away from home. The first time I had the idea to work at the park I grabbed my bag and left my phone behind. Of course I ended up driving home, wasting an hour, and was frustrated. Before you leave make sure you have your trusty hot-spot or you’ll be somewhere you can use a hot-spot. You might consider using a hot-spot rather than free wi-fi because it’s much more secure.
4) Sync your work – I love Windows because it allows me to easily sync everything I need for work. I can access everything using a few apps and my OneDrive. Whether I need to grab a document or edit pictures everything I need can be obtained from my PC, laptop or Windows tablet.
5) Keep to your schedule – Come up with an on-the-go schedule, especially if you are traveling and stick to it so you don’t end up working on your vacation. I try to schedule working time while we are driving or waiting in the airport so I can enjoy time with my family when we reach our destination. Evernote is a great app that can help you remember everything and stay on track regardless of where you are or which device you’re on. I use it, love it and don’t know what I would do without it.
6) On-the-go device – Normally I use my laptop as my on-the-go device. I keep it packed in my bag so I can just grab the bag and go, but I’ve been trying the Nextbook 10 Windows Tablet recently and enjoyed the smaller, easier to carry size of the Nextbook 10.
I’ve been using the Nextbook 10 Windows Tablet when I leave the house, and it’s proven to be an excellent device for the days when I want to head to the park or have a blogging trip. I haven’t had to use it for any heavy duty work, but everything I have used it for its work well. It’s small but powerful enough to get the job done. It fits perfectly in my organized bag, and I’m able to leave it inside my bag so I can easily grab my bag and head out the door. I do however let my kids use it from time to time, so I have to make certain I place the Nextbook 10 Windows Tablet back into my bag, so I don’t end up forgetting the most important piece of equipment for working away from home, lol.
The design of the Nextbook 10 Windows Tablet is simple, nothing out of the ordinary but one area that does stand out is how sturdy the 2-in-1 tablet is. When using the tablet, it is difficult to notice it’s a budget tablet, even though it’s heavier other 10 inch 2-in-1 tablets I’ve used. My only major complaints is the battery life and the touchpad could stand to be a bit more sensitive, but I haven’t messed with any of the touchpad setting so this may be something adjustable. However, it’s still an awesome device for under $250 and if you’re looking for a nice device that’s affordable for your kids I think this would be an awesome selection as well.
The Nextbook 10 is great for browsing the internet, replying to emails, playing games, reading books, watching movies, and so much more. The Nextbook 10 is loaded with several great features, here are a few of our favorite:
- Windows 9.1 operating system FREE Windows 10 upgrade included
- FREE year of Office 365 Personal
- 1 TB OneDrive online cloud storage
- Preloaded VUDU Movies and TV app
- NOOK for Windows 8 app
- Bluetooth 4.0
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 1 GB DDR3L system memory
- 32GB onboard storage memory
- 10.1’ 1280 x 800 IPS capacitive touch screen
- Quad-Core Intel® AtomTV Z3735G Processor
My daughter has also enjoyed using the Nextbook 10 Windows Tablet for reading, playing games, browsing the internet and of course listening to music while she cleans her room. We’re loving the tablet, which has a nice keyboard that responds extremely well. You can grab the Nextbook by heading to Target.com for only $219.99.