This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of 7UP®. The opinions and text are all mine. #7UPUPGRADE #Contest
Who doesn’t like cinnamon rolls, everyone I know loves them. So, I decided to put a twist on my 7UP biscuit recipe and try making some Raisin Cinnamon Rolls for a gathering with a few friends. You know, the guys watched the game or fight, whatever it was, the girls sat in the kitchen and chatted, the kids played, and there was always a mom or dad chasing one of the kids around lol. It was a lot of fun, and I didn’t want to go too crazy on food, so I stuck with a few delicious finger foods and these delicious cinnamon rolls.
There were a few kids who wouldn’t touch the cinnamon rolls because I added raisins but everyone else liked them. I’m making a note of that too if there are kids remember to make regular and raisin because not all kids like raisin. My kids will eat anything that doesn’t eat them first.
I didn’t tell my kids I was using a new recipe, but they noticed right away. Which is not a good thing, in most cases they don’t like it when they bring up the new recipe. But they ate their whole cinnamon roll and asked me if they could save one for breakfast if there were any left. There wasn’t any left, but I promised them I would make them more this upcoming weekend because this recipe is seriously super easy, and I really want to try and make some cherry cinnamon rolls.
7UP Raisin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
To make these delicious raisin cinnamon rolls, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 Cups Baking Mix
- 1 Sour Cream
- 1 Cup 7UP
- 1 Stick of butter (softened)
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
To make the cinnamon rolls follow the below directions:
- Add sour cream, baking mix, raisins, and 7UP into a bowl and mix using a stand mixer.
- The dough will be very soft, so you will need to sprinkle baking mix or flour on your counter before working with it. Knead dough. If needed to flip dough over to make it a little stiffer before working with it. Pull or roll the dough into a rectangle shape.
- Spread the soften butter on the dough (make sure it’s not melted)
- In a small bowl mix cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkle over butter.
- Using an electric mixer mix powdered sugar, salt, vanilla, and milk.
- Spread icing over cinnamons rolls while they are still warm but not hot.
- Add some sprinkles to make thing a little more festive if you’d like. (optional)
I’ve been thinking about trying this Cinnamon Rolls recipe with Cherry 7UP next! OMG, wouldn’t that be delicious? I don’t know that I would make them for a social gathering, though. Only because nobody would leave me one, but I’ll sneak one in right after they are finished baking next time. See, we learn from our mistakes, right?
Sure, there are plenty of lemon-lime sodas out there, but none of them are as refreshing, clean and crisp as 7UP! It’s so much more than just soda, it can be used for all sorts of things. As an adult, I go for 7UP because I can remember my grandma always keeping it around because it was soda that everyone enjoyed, she used to make all sorts of things, adults could make mixed drinks, and the kids could have a treat without caffeine lol. She was a smart woman, and I’ve always done little things that I remember her doing, like having 7UP for every family gathering and cooking with it. However, my personal preference is Cherry 7UP for mixed drinks. 7UP and Cherry 7UP are perfect for your social gatherings, recipes, or just evenings hanging out with the family.
Food and drinks are one of the essential parts of just about any social event, and I try to be a smart shopper and savvy host so I buy 7UP and Cherry 7UP because I can use it for cocktails or mocktails. It’s also perfect for social gatherings, hanging with the family on movie night, cooking, baking, and I can grab both 7UP and Cherry 7UP while I’m getting everything else I need at Hy-Vee®!
Savings at Hy-Vee®
Don’t miss your chance to SAVE with some great coupons at Hy-Vee. Right now when you buy any TWO 6 pack 7.5 ounce cans or 8-pack 12 ounce bottles you get the third free. This offer is valid from 2/12/17 to 3/11/17. To learn more head over to 7UP.com/Hy-Vee.
Be sure to enter the 7UP Pinterest Contest!
You can enter for a chance to win $1,000 gift card so you can host one heck of a social night. Excellent, right? Entering is super fun and easy because it’s on Pinterest. Check it out, to enter the 7UP Pinterest Contest create a Pinterest board and title it #MY7UPUPGRADE. If you need or some Pinterest Board inspiration be sure and visit 7UP.com/Hy-Vee.
- Pin 10 or more images or articles that you find inspiring and would like to use for your next social event. At least 5 of the pins must include 7UP in the image or article.
- Be sure to include #MY7UPUPGRADE and #Contest in the text area when pinning your image or article.
- Head over to www.7UP.com/Hy-Vee to register your Pinterest board.
- To enter the 7UP Pinterest Contest, you must be over the age of 21, enter between 2/12/17 and 3/11/2017 and be a resident of IA, IL, KS, MN, MO, MS, NE, DS, or WI.
Be sure to get a little inspiration for your Pinterest Board.