I love fishing with the family, my husband, friends, or even alone. I can think of several great reasons to go fishing more, and here are a few.
- Connect with friends and family – Whether you are going fishing with your spouse, kids, or family and friends, it’s an awesome way to connect and create priceless memories.
- Bringing the family – Fishing is something the whole family can enjoy. My handicapped son probably had the most fun on our fishing trip. He also caught the only fish, lol. Regardless of how many fish we caught, it wasn’t about the fish; it was about the memories and time we spent together doing something everyone could enjoy.
- Get the kids outside – Fishing equipment is an investment, a great way to get the whole family outdoors and away from electronic gadgets, video games, and everything else we do indoors.
- Kick back and relax – Fishing is one of my personal favorite ways to relax.
- It’s affordable – Once you’ve purchased your fishing gear, it’s all about grabbing your poles, tackle box, jumping into the truck and heading for your favorite fishing spot.
- Keep or catch and release – We’re a catch and release family, but every now and again we’ll plan a fish fry. It’s up to you what you do, if you’re not into eating fish, it’s okay just catch and release!
- Stress – Fishing is a great way to relieve stress! It’s great to get outdoors, enjoy the sun and fresh air while spending time with your loved ones, or even alone from time to time.
- Health – Sure fishing itself might not make you lose weight, but it’s a great way to get outside, and get moving to burn extra calories. Plus, fish are an excellent choice if you’re trying to eat healthily.
My husband and I went night fishing for our anniversary, and it was by far the most memorable anniversary we’ve had. We put the kids in bed, had my sister come over, loaded up, and took off at 9:30 pm. We didn’t reach our fishing destination until 10:30 because we had to swing by the store, but we stayed out until 3:00 am fishing. It was fun, memorable, relaxing and gave my husband and I a chance to spend quality time together connecting. It was a much-needed fishing trip, and there will be many more to come.
The kids were a little upset we went fishing without them, so we decided to surprise them the following evening with a family fishing trip! Another perfect evening, this time with the whole family. It was amazing, spending time outdoors, teaching the kids to fish, and watching them get better than me, lol. It’s truly amazing how quickly kids pick up fishing. It didn’t take long, and my 5-year-old was out casting me. No, I’m not a pro, but still DANG!
Without a doubt, we’ll be doing a lot more family fishing this year thanks to Shakespeare and Stren!
If you haven’t heard of Shakespeare they have are awesome, easy to use, and well-respected fishing tackle perfect for any fishing trip. Shakespeare Catch More Fish Combo gives you everything you need to enjoy an evening fishing with the family, a night fishing with the spouse and everything in between.
Did you know that Stren has been the standard of dependability in fishing since way back in 1958? They also offer a variety of combos depending on what type of fishing you’ll be doing.
Shakespeare Catch More Fish Combos come ready to go, pre-spooled with dependable Stren fishing line (made in the USA in Spirit Lake, IA), and you’ll love the fishing kid included. Which comes with hooks, bait, and more. There are also several different kits to choose from depending on your fishing needs, such as:
Not to worry, each kit comes with an awesome fishing kit with what’s needed depending on your fishing situation.
Whether you’re an expert or novice fishing is something we all can enjoy. You don’t have to be a pro fisherman to get out there and enjoy spending time with the family or even spending time outdoors listening to the water. Fishing not only builds memories, but is an excellent way to relax, create memories, and enjoy spending time with the family.
Before heading out on your own fishing trip be sure to check out these outdoor tips and grab your fishing checklist, and fishing combo. Now you’re ready to turn off that TV, load everyone up, grab your poles, tackle box, drive to your favorite fishing spot, and start building memories!
Enter The Stren Drop a Line Contest
Don’t miss your chance to enter to win the Stren Drop a Line Contest! You’ll be entering for a chance to win a dream fishing trip with a friend. Oh, yea pretty awesome right? Be sure to enter by visiting Stren.com and upload a picture of yourself fishing telling a story of your favorite fishing memories. I know, it’s hard to pick one, but you never know you might just win. Head on over to Stren.com.