Many parents are unsure about when to start toilet teaching or “potty train.” Different tips and tricks work for different kids and families so prepare for some trial and error as you go along making decisions on what works best for your tot. Keep in mind that not all kids are ready to potty train at the same age, rule of thumb is to watch your child for some signs of readiness. When you feel you and your tot are ready, training pants are a great item to have on hand. Having potty trained a few kiddos, and with my youngest now ready to transition from baby to big girl, it’s safe for me to say I have gone through many different potty training pants & pull-ups. Because I have tried so many potty training brands, I will tell you without a doubt my over all favorite are from Bambo Nature!
Most children begin to show signs of potty training between 18 and 24 months, some may be ready earlier or later than that depending on the child. It’s not always the child’s age that will determine whether or not they are ready to train, it’s the signs they give us. I will always remember my first potty training experience! I was thinking it was time for my little one to start using the potty because she had turned two. Boy was I wrong, it wasn’t until my second child did I realize the signs were what let me know my tot was ready. They key was “when my child was ready, not me!!
8 Signs Your Child Is Ready to Potty Training
Here are 8 simple signs to follow when potty training your child.
- Your child will verbally express a need to go.
- If your child isn’t too vocal then watch for hand gestures such as point to the soiled area or tugging on the diaper/training pant.
- It’s best to be sure they can keep a diaper dry for 2 hours or more. This will tell you they are able to control their muscles responsible for elimination.
- When your tike is steady enough to get on the potty, sit down, and then get up with little to no assistance is a good sign they are ready.
- If they are turning and sitting on their potty seat with or without a diaper/training pants, all by themselves without being told, shows they are ambitious.
- Children ready for potty training should be able to pull down diapers, underpants or disposable training pants on their own.
- Most important is make sure your child show an interest in using the potty or wearing underpants.
- Never ever force your child to potty train, they may become fearful resulting in bed wetting
Bambo Nature Training Pants are Ideal for potty training! They allow your child to pull on and off his or her pants easily, on their own without the help of any adult while potty training. Any parent that has gone through potty training knows a quality training pant will give your child that independence they need to grow, this is why we absolutely love Bambo Nature Training pants! These superb trainers are super soft and thin but real absorbent. They are breathable, flexible and have disposable tape on the back side of the pants. Oh yes and can’t forget to mention the adorable little tiger holding a balloon printed on both sides!
Bambo Nature Training Pants benefits Include:
- Free from chlorine, perfumes, optical brighteners & lotions
- The inner fluff is made from timber from 100% certified sustainable resources
- Latex-free waist band and leg cuffs
- Phalate-free absorbent core
- NO optical whiteners
- NO chlorine bleach
These awesome Bambo Nature Trainers are especially designed with a breathable backsheet that allows air to circulate to the skin, reducing moisture content, reducing the risk of skin irritation. Our little Miss Novalee is in a size 6, the Bambo Nature Trainers are super soft, and…..”drum roll please”……They don’t leak!! As we parent know, with all training pants you have an accident or two especially at nap time. I’m happy to tell you we have had no leakage so far and are thrilled to pieces!! They fit snug even when Novalee is running around, jumping, playing and wrestling her over stuffed piggy chair, too awesome!
Take my word for it, low quality trainers can be very uncomfortable for your child, hard for them to pull up & down and cause their sensitive skin to become irritated. You want to be sure your child can manuvere his or her pants on & off easily so they are not discouraged from using the potty. Be sure to use Bambo Nature Training pants, not only are they high quality and affordable, they will give your child a sense of responsibility and independence they need to grow!
Hey friends are your precious bundles of joy still in diapers not quite ready to potty train? No worries, Bambo Nature carries a complete line of high quality, affordable Diapers, wipes and skin care too!!
Just as important as potty training is, keeping your children’s oral hygiene on track is a big deal too. It’s good to start them early and there are some ways to get kids excited about dental hygiene and help ensure they have a future full of bright healthy smiles!
For more information on the Bambo Nature Training Pants or any one of their fine products, simply head on over to the website!
You can also stay up to date on great deals and fabulous promotions by liking & following their social networks!