I spend a lot of time making sure my dog has safe toys, treats and pet food brands, so why not be sure he’s drinking enough water! Aside from my kids, my dog Baxter is the most important thing in my life, and I want to be sure he is with me for a long, long time. Do you know that water is one of the most important steps in keeping your dog healthy and hydrated? Well it is, we also need to make sure our dogs always have access to plenty of fresh, clean drinking water. Our fur babies also need to drink at the least an ounce of water for every pound of their body weight daily, and they will need to consume more water if they have been exercising, on a run, or if the weather is warm. Even when “on-the-go”, our dogs need a constant supply of fresh water. I know that keeping my dog properly hydrated is the best way to assure his good health. One way I’m keeping my Baxter well hydrated is with the Drinkwell Sedona Pet Fountain from PetSafe!
8 Top Ways to Keep Your Pet Hydrated During Summer.
July is pet hydration month, her here are 8 top ways to help you keep your dog hydrated during this long hot month, and all year long.
- Access To Plenty Of Fresh Water At All Times- As I mentioned earlier, dogs need to drink at the least an ounce of water for every pound of their body weight daily. Be sure to keep plenty of fresh water out and easily accessible for them to drink up.
- Clean Water Bowl- It’s a good idea to wash your fur baby’s water bowl every time you feed them, I honestly do this three times a day. Hey my little pooch is just like one of my kids, I wouldn’t serve my kids a drink of water in a dirty cup! I make sure to clean my dog’s water bowl each time I feed him, and as I’m cleaning up from family breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Playtime, Long Walks Or Hikes- Be sure when you are out in this heat taking your pup on a run, for a long walk or a hike, to take along a portable or collapsible water bowl and of course some extra water. A dogs way of cooling down is through panting, they also sweat while they pant, and this can dry out their mouths. Always have a way to give your dog water while at play or on the go!
- Driving, Car Trips- When and if you’re planing a long road or car trip, it’s best to bring along a water bowl and a couple gallons of extra water from home to avoid your dog from becoming dehydrated and even from possibly developing uncomfortable digestive problems.
- How Much Water Your Dog Needs- Keeping your dog well hydrated is the key to their good health! Know you’re dogs weight and make sure they are drinking the recommended amounts per their body weight daily. If you’re unsure what is the best water consumption for your dog, simply call your vet.
- Having A Place To Cool Off- When you’re out and about doing activities with Fido on these hot summer days, try to find an area that is well shaded for your dog so they can rest and cool down.
- Know The Signs Of Dehydration- It is crucial for you to know the early warning signs of hydration. Common signs of dehydration to look for include: Vomiting and/or diarrhea, Loss of energy, Excessive, ongoing panting, Loss of appetite, Sunken dry eyes, Dry, sticky gums, Loss of skin elasticity. If you believe your dog may be dehydrated, call your veterinarian immediately so they can monitor your pet’s condition and if needed give them some IV fluids.
- Pet Drinking Fountains- A dog will naturally be drawn to running water, their nature tells them that still water may be dirty or dangerous. It’s just in their blood to naturally be drawn to running water that mimics a water fall or slow flowing stream. It’s a proven fact that dogs will drink more from a low streaming pet water fountain than from a traditional water bowl. The ones like the Drinkwell Sedona Pet Fountain from PetSafe, are perfect for keeping your dog nice & hydrated.
The Drinkwell Sedona Pet Fountain is ideal for large or multiple pets. The clear bowl design provides a large drinking area for pets, while minimizing spills and splashes. With its cutting-edge design and 100 oz. water capacity, The Sedona Pet Fountain will “clearly” keep your pets healthy and hydrated while adding an elegant touch to your home decor.
Here are a few of the Drinkwell Sedona Pet Fountain,
- Large drinking area to accommodate pets with large or flat faces
- Sound of the falling water is whisper-quiet
- Featured on DIY Blog Cabin Mountainside 2015
- Low-voltage 12V system with submersible pump for safe operation
- Great for all size pets and multiple pet households
- Replaceable activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors while foam filter captures hair and debris.
- 100 oz. water capacity
- Dishwasher safe, top rack only
- Ceramic tower and impact-resistant plastic bowl
- For indoor use only
I love that this beautiful pet water fountain is super quite! The Sedona gives off a soothing water fall whisper, this means it’s super quite, perfectly inviting for apprehensive pets. My favorite features are that it provides dual filtration including an activated carbon filter that removes bad tastes and odors, while a foam filter captures hair and debris. Needless to say, the Drinkwell Sedona Pet Fountain provides your dog with constant fresh, clear and clean flowing water!
My Baxter loves his new Drinkwell Sedona Pet Fountain from PetsSafe! Because my little pooch is a spoiled brat, I mean spoiled dog, I was a little concerned he would even drink from it. Being set in his ways at the old doggy age of 9 years, and humane age of 63, I’m happy to tell you my Baxter took to the Drinkwell Sedona Pet Fountain with no problems. Well, he did have some hesitation since this was something new, but he honestly does love it and is now drinking more water than he ever did with his traditional water bowl!
Did you know, just like you, a dog’s body is around 80 percent water, I didn’t know this. When our dogs consume the appropriate amounts of water daily, this helps their body organs stay healthy, keeping their energy levels up, giving them enough energy for play and exercise! Water is so important for our pups, it’s has a cooling effect on their body and helps them maintain a consistent temperature even when it’s hot. This is why I so love our Drinkwell Sedona Pet Fountain, it feeds a steady supply of water into a good-sized bowl providing the perfect amount of water that my dog needs to stay hydrated on a daily basis! I can not say enough about PetSafe and just how much they care for our pets, check out this awesome pet hydration video Brian Pounders Pet Translator Professional has created just for us!! You can also learn more at: www.petsafe.net/hydration
Hey friends, be sure to swing by the PetSafe website to read up on all their fabulous tips and awesome articles on “How to Keep Your Pet Hydrated!”
While you’re their, swing over and check out the Drinkwell Sedona Pet Fountain, or any one of their fine pet hydration fountains!!
Also, to stay up to date on great PetSafe deals and fantastic promotions, simply like & follow all their social networks!