If you’re one of those folks seeking alternative methods for improving overall health, you may have heard about cannabidiol (CBD) and its benefits. CBD may seem to have grown famous overnight, but this compound has been around for quite some time. There are numerous types of CBD products available in the market, which can confuse first-time users. If you’re new to CBD, it’s crucial to understand what CBD products are and how they work. The right information will help you make an educated decision in terms of selecting the product that’s best for you.
Some information about CBD may be too complicated for regular folks to digest. The following facts about CBD will help you better understand and appreciate this miracle product.
- Where does CBD come from?: Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound extracted from cannabis plant varieties such as hemp and marijuana. These plants belong to the cannabinoid family. CBD is one of the two main ingredients of cannabis plants. The other one is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- Who discovered CBD?: Organic chemist Roger Adams was the first person to extract CBD from the marijuana plant.
- Will CBD make me high?: THC is the ingredient that produces psychoactive activities, while CBD is known for its therapeutic benefits without the high.
- What are terpenes?: Terpenes are compounds produced by plants and some insects. In cannabis plants, terpenes are the aromatic compounds found in buds and flowers. Full-spectrum CBD contains terpenes, cannabinoids, and flavonoids that provide the entourage effect. CBD isolate doesn’t give the entourage effect. The entourage effect is the synergy between the compounds found in cannabis plants except for THC.
- What are the scientifically proven benefits of CBD?: Although many people use CBD for their different health conditions, further research and experiments are being conducted to verify cannabidiol’s medical benefits. In June 2018, the FDA gave its thumbs-up to Epidiolex, the first cannabis-derived treatment for two childhood epilepsy conditions.
- Can I overdose on CBD?: It’s not possible to get too much cannabidiol because the compound is non-psychoactive and non-toxic. However, CBD must be taken in the recommended dose.
- What are the different methods to consume CBD?: There are four options to take CBD: vaping/smoking, sublingual (putting the oil under the tongue) consumption, topical application, and ingestion through edibles.
- What is the best way to take CBD?: There is no ideal way since usage depends on the person’s requirements and preference. However, if you’re not keen on smoking CBD oil or trying sublingual consumption, you should first experience the effects of cannabidiol through CBD-infused products.
9 Must-Try CBD-Infused Products
With numerous CBD products available in the market, it’s easy to find the one that suits your lifestyle and requirements. Here are the ones that you should try ASAP:
- CBD Breakfast Cereal
Who says cereal cannot be infused with CBD? Cereal companies are joining the bandwagon so you can enjoy a nice bowl of CBD-infused breakfast in the morning. Add some fruits, nuts, and skimmed milk for a healthy and filling morning meal,
- CBD Gummies
CBD gummies are not entirely new, but companies are always coming up with new flavors and other ingredients to boost overall health. Gummy candy is an excellent option for those who want to take CBD discreetly. Plus, gummy candies are always fun to eat!
- CBD Honey
Fancy a little CBD honey with your tea? CBD-infused honey gives your food and beverages a boost of cannabidiol to make your day more manageable. Pure and organic honey offers many benefits to your health; it’s a natural prebiotic, it contains antifungal and antibacterial properties, and it’s rich in antioxidants. CBD-infused honey is an excellent alternative to sugar and can be used for baking, cooking, or as a topping on your oatmeal, toast, and pancakes.
- CBD Popcorn and Chips
What better way to spend your quarantine than by binging on Netflix and CBD popcorn? Craving for something spicy? There are spicy Cheetos-like snacks available for CBD enthusiasts. One bag contains 100 mg of CBD! Now that’s a relaxing way to spend the lockdown period.
- CBD Water
Companies are adding CBD to their beverages, so why not plain old water? With about 2 to 5 mg per serving, CBD water allows you to boost your cannabidiol intake. Some manufacturers claim that they use nanotechnology to allow faster absorption of CBD in the body, thus reducing the required CBD content. If you prefer your beverage healthy, then there’s nothing healthier than water. To get your required CBD daily dose, however, you may need to consume several bottles each day.
How about giving your pet’s health a boost with cannabidiol? CBD water is also available for pets. It helps soothe the anxiety and pain of your furry friends!
- CBD Skin Salve
Sometimes all you need is a skin salve that lets you soothe minor scrapes and cuts, or helps you relax your tired, aching muscles. Skin products have varying CBD potencies, so it’s best to ensure that you’re using a CBD-infused product with an adequate amount of cannabidiol.
- CBD Lip Butter
Nope, this is not an edible CBD product, but it’ll give your lips the desired nourishment for the entire day. You can even find a lip butter with full-spectrum CBD so that you can enjoy the full benefits of cannabidiol with a few swipes.
- CBD Hair Serum
Nothing can stop CBD from conquering almost every facet of personal care. Although there’s not much evidence that CBD-infused hair serum promotes hair growth, the moisturizing properties help alleviate itchy scalp. Plus, the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD may help relieve scalp irritation and dryness.
- CBD Fragrances
Cannabidiol is found in almost all skincare and personal care products. However, did you know that you can now buy cologne and perfume sprays infused with CBD? You need not worry about smelling like a weed because pure CBD oil doesn’t have any strong or distinct smell.
The great thing about CBD-infused products is that you can test the effects of cannabidiol before trying the other methods of consuming CBD. Be careful when choosing a product laced with cannabidiol; only purchase goods from reputable and trustworthy companies. No matter how you want to consume CBD, you’ll be able to find a product that suits your needs and lifestyle. Follow the tips above to leverage the power of this natural product.