We already know Clorox® Bleach works fabulous on laundry, but do you know other things you can use Clorox® Bleach for?
Clorox® Bleach is one thing I almost always have in my home, and if I don’t it’s only because we ran out and I haven’t had a chance to run to the store.
To this day my mom still is known to use Clorox® Bleach for everything! My mom has all sorts of life hacks for Clorox® Bleach. Of course, when I moved out, got married and started my family I bought Clorox® Bleach, but it wasn’t until I lived a little that I fully understood why my mom used bleach the way she did.
It didn’t take me long to start using bleach in other areas of my home because it just makes things easier and it’s so much more affordable than purchasing 91 different cleaning products.
Clorox® Regular-Bleach helps make cleaning effective and helps make things easier. Clorox® Regular-Bleach has the dirt fighting power I need to keep my house clean and what’s not to love about its outstanding whitening power. Oh, and who can forget it kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria, which is totally rocking and gives this mom peace of mind.
Here are a few ways I use Clorox® Bleach to make lifes messes easier to handle.
- Clorox® Regular-Bleach does an outstanding job getting those yucky toilet stains out. Simply make sure the toilet has fresh water in it, pour ¾ cups of Clorox® Regular-Bleach around the inside of your toilet bowl, scrub with your toilet brush, wait 10 to 15 mins, flush, and you should have an awesome sparkling toilet.
- It’s also important to sanitize your plastic cutting boards. This can be done with Clorox® Regular-Bleach, teaspoon, dishwashing detergent, and a gallon bucket. Fill the gallon bucket with water, add 2 teaspoons of Clorox® Regular-Bleach, wash & rinse your cutting board, then place cutting board into Clorox® Regular-Bleach and water mixture. Allow to sit 2 to 5 minutes, remove, and allow to air dry.
- Keep those pretty flowers fresher longer by adding ¼ teaspoon of bleach per each quart of vase water. This will help your water stay clear and free of anything yucky.
- Keep your drains smelling nice by flushing with water and pouring ¾ cup of Clorox® Regular-Bleach into the drain, then flush with hot water.
- Sanitize your sponges and dish towels with Clorox® Regular-Bleach. In your kitchen, sink use ½ cup of Clorox® Regular-Bleach to every gallon of water. Soaking for 5 minutes, rinse and allow to dry.
- Clean your refrigerator to get any leftover smells out. First you’ll was your fridge like normal. Then use ½ cup of Clorox® Regular-Bleach per gallon of water, and wipe surface using the bleach/water solution. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, rinse and air dry!
- We already know that kids and germs just go together, which is why we have to keep everything clean, even the toys. You should scrub toys weekly if possible and if not then every other week. To sanitize toys use ½ cup of Clorox® Regular-Bleach per gallon of water. Allow toys to soak for 5 minutes, rinse and air dry.
- You can also clean potty chairs by mixing ½ cup of Clorox® Regular-Bleach per gallon of water used. Then you’ll empty the seat and fill with your water/bleach solution, allow to stand for 5 minutes, rinse, drain, and allow to air dry.
I hope you have found some great uses for Clorox® Bleach that will make some of your everyday messes easier to handle. Do you use Clorox® Bleach for things around your house other than laundry? If so be sure to leave us a comment and share with others.
Be sure to learn more awesome laundry tips and tricks at Clorox.com.
This post is sponsored by Clorox—helping you find the joy in making a mess.