Happy Holidays everyone! I wanted to start off the holiday season by sharing one of my personal favorite parts of the holiday! My Aunt Nancy’s Peanut Butter & Jelly Fudge Recipe! Man, this is some good stuff! It’s by far the best peanut butter fudge recipe I’ve ever had combined with Smucker’s Grape Jam! Can you say YUMMY!
To make this PB & J fudge with jelly you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Jif Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Smuckers Jelly
- In a medium or large saucepan bring the sugar, milk, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Be sure to stir continuously until it reaches a boil. Then turn it down to medium heat stirring occasionally until it’s finished.
- If you are using a thermometer, your fudge is ready when the temperature reaches 235 degrees, or you can use the old way, which is the one I prefer. The old way is called the ball test. To do the ball test, you’ll need a cup of ice water and a metal spoon. After your fudge has been boiling for about five minutes, drizzle a little fudge from the pan into the cup of ice water. If you are able to form the fudge into a ball, then it’s done.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. You’ll want to work fast and stir until completely mixed and pour into a 8 x 8 baking pan before it begins setting up.
- Put spoonfuls of jelly on the top of the peanut butter fudge in different areas and use a knife to swirl the jam around. You’ll need to do this before the peanut butter fudge starts setting up.
- Allow to sit for about 2 hours or until cooled and harden.
If you love peanut butter and jelly, there is no doubt that you will love this recipe! My aunt makes everyone a batch for Christmas every single year and she has since I since I can remember. The only thing that will change from time to time is the flavor of Smucker’s jam she uses. Smucker’s Concord Grab has always been one of my favorite, but I recently made some Strawberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Wontons Recipe with Smucker’s Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread and OMG they were so good. .
I honestly didn’t think I was going to like the Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread, but it’s without a doubt one of my favorites. I just love to combination of sweetness and heat! It sure was the best of both worlds, especially when teamed up with the cream cheese wontons! It’s definitely another recipe worth trying.