My mom used to make split banana popsicles during the summer when I was younger. I remember once a week, on Saturday evening we would have a family game night and mom always made these banana split popsicles and gave us a glass of chocolate milk with dinner! Oh, I miss those days, life was so simple yet oh so sweet! I’m thankful for each and every memory I have. They inspire me to create memories with my children so they can look back as I often do and have little things like making a glass of chocolate milk with Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup take them back to a special moment in their childhood.
Of course my husband has to be difficult and ask me to make him only chocolate with a tinsy bit of strawberry lol. He’s never been much of a fan of banana’s or pineaplles and is the reason there are a few mostly chocoalte popsicles in the barch. Which they are SUPER good as well if you have someone who’s not fond of banana’s or pineapples flavors.
My kids share my love for the Banana Split Popsicle recipe my mom used to make for us, so it’s something I have carried over to my family recently. To be honest, I had forgotten all about them until last summer. Not to worry we have made them enough to make up for the times we didn’t have them.
Banana Split Popsicles
To make your split banana popsicles you’ll need:
- 1 banana
- 1/8 cup pineapple juice (or pieces with juice)
- 1 ½ cups frozen strawberries (thawed)
- 2 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 1/8 cup Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup (or more if you are a chocoholic lol)
- 1 box vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup whipped topping (thawed but still cold)
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Let’s make these yummy popsicles:
- Slice your banana and strawberries and place them each in their medium sized bowl and drizzle a teaspoon of honey over each bowl of fruit and stir together. Add the pineapple juice on top of the bananas and mix.
- Blend the banana and honey until it’s thoroughly blended and there are no lumps left and pour back into the bowl. Do the same with the strawberries.
- Mix the Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup and two tablespoons heavy whipping cream in a separate bowl.
- In a large bowl prepare the pudding, the recipe should call for 2 cups of milk. I used 1 ½ cup milk and ½ heavy cream, but you can use just milk or cream depending on what you have.
- When mixing the pudding, gently mix it together. We are not trying to get it to turn into pudding just yet. Add the whipped topping and stir together.
- Divide the pudding evenly (or put a little extra in the chocolate lol) between the bowl with the bananas, strawberries, and Hershey chocolate and stir until mixed thoroughly but be careful when stirring so the pudding doesn’t get too thick to pour.
- Grab your popsicle molds and pour the banana, strawberry and chocolate between the popsicle molds and place in the freezer overnight or until firm.
- To easily get a popsicle from the mold just run the mold under warm water until the popsicle slides out.
I typically make a double batch of these popsicles because they are quick, easy and even easier for the kids to grab. Time is valuable in my household; I do everything I can to make things a little easier and a little less time consuming. Like using HERSHEY’s SIMPLY 5, it’s quick, easy, and taste great. Plus, every time I squeeze the Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup I’m taken back to my childhood. I remember my mom doing the same things for me that I do for my children. Out of all the things I have used Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup to make my all-time favorite is without a doubt squeezing it in a glass of cold milk. YUMMY! Such a simple way to have a sweet yet simple moment with my family the way my parents did with us when we were young.
Have you heard of Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup yet? This was the first time I have tried it and was pleasantly surprised. It’s a simple and sweet take on the classic HERSHEY’S Syrup, and it’s only made using FIVE ingredients. How awesome is that? There is no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors or colors and it’s made from non-GMO ingredients. You can grab Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup in a 21.8 bottles at mass and grocery retailers and in a 48-ounce bottle if you are shopping at Costco this spring.
It’s time to stop for just a minute and smell the chocolate! While you are enjoying that sweet smell, take a moment and share a five-word count of what makes your day sweet.
Compensation was provided by Hershey’s via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hershey’s or Momtrends.